Menu
Expat.com

Rabid Dogs & Dog Bite-Related Fatalities in Vietnam

Last activity 16 August 2022 by larsay

OceanBeach92107
"The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MoARD) has urged cities and provinces nationwide to set up teams to catch stray dogs in an attempt of curbing dog bite-related fatalities and better manage rabies among domestic dogs and cats..." (Vietnam News)

goodolboy
"The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MoARD) has urged cities and provinces nationwide to set up teams to catch stray dogs in an attempt of curbing dog bite-related fatalities and better manage rabies among domestic dogs and cats..." (Vietnam News)

- @OceanBeach92107

Well out here there is no shortage of dog catchers & dog meat. Just back from a bike run out to Trang Bang & on the journey back I was passed by 4 dog catchers with at least 6 dogs crammed into a cage  2ft x 2 ft on back of bikes heading flat out to the markets in HCMC. 
OceanBeach92107

- @OceanBeach92107

Well out here there is no shortage of dog catchers & dog meat. Just back from a bike run out to Trang Bang & on the journey back I was passed by 4 dog catchers with at least 6 dogs crammed into a cage  2ft x 2 ft on back of bikes heading flat out to the markets in HCMC. 
- @goodolboy
That's related to the first thought I had when reading the article: Do dog restaurants have a RAT to let you know if your entrée is rabies-free?

😉
goodolboy

- @OceanBeach92107

- @goodolboy
That's related to the first thought I had when reading the article: Do dog restaurants have a RAT to let you know if your entrée is rabies-free?

bit sad but funny reply never the less

😉
- @OceanBeach92107
AndyHCMC

- @OceanBeach92107

Not related to Dogs with rabies but there was 6 students last week went to a new resturant opened that day - 4 in hospital critical care 2 dead drinking "wine Vietnam -  Ruou"  must have been pretty bad stuff.

Aidan in HCMC

- @OceanBeach92107

That's not news. Now, this is news

smile.png
RTLisSB
@Andybris2020

Wow, I take it that is homemade hooch?

Is that a common problem, or is it easy to tell commercial from homemade?

Roger
RTLisSB
@Aidan in HCMC

..... what a world!
Aidan in HCMC

Not related to Dogs with rabies but there was 6 students last week went to a new resturant opened that day - 4 in hospital critical care 2 dead drinking "wine Vietnam -  Ruou"  must have been pretty bad stuff.

- @Andybris2020

The local "meth" dealers strike again (methanol ).
I stay far from that poison, regardless of who might feel offended by my declining to have a shot with them.

OceanBeach92107

- @Andybris2020

The local "meth" dealers strike again (methanol ).
I stay far from that poison, regardless of who might feel offended by my declining to have a shot with them.

- @Aidan in HCMC
Sounds more palatable if you call it "corn sqeezins" 😉

River Frogs
@RTLisSB
Like Aidan I never drink an offered ruou wondering if it could be mixed with 92 from the pump. As for my taste, most spirts taste like medicine. However, those who enjoy an aged single malt would disagree. That having been said, I must say Hong Dao Ruou from I believe Quang Nam is quite tasty. Has a sticky rice finish and well worth a few dong more.
larsay
You can get excellent ruou anywhere. It is true that some (they are generally light greenish or brownish) tastes like medicine, and for a good reason, they are made with alcoohol and medecine plants. My favourite is the banana ruou

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles