General Accountant In Saudi Arabia

Hey Guys

I want to change my profession from Sales Representative to General Accountant and I have a bachelors of Commerce Degree and I took a lot of accounting courses in my bachelors so can you explain whether I have fullfilled the SOCPA condition of minimum 15 academic hours. or not

or how they are calculated ? and whether if I need anything else for smooth profession change.

Plz Advice as it will help me alot.

Thanks & Regards

@Aloneboy If you think you are qualified or having the credentials (bachelors degree or having more units in accounting) as required by socpa, then changing  profession to general accountant is the responsibility of your HR or sponsor in applying the profession changed for you. Once done, then registration with socpa will be next step. But first of all, be sure you have the proven credentials in accounting not to put you in trouble.         

@olinad0548 Thanks

I will visit socpa to get all the necessary information before taking any steps.

@Aloneboy Let me tell you just to give guidance. My iqama is general accountant, my work is in accounting department, My degree is Bachelors of Science in Commerce major in accounting, as in the official transcript of records (OTR) or marksheet,  the subjects in accounting are all mentioned in there from from A to Z. Then I provided the certification of the commission on higher education which is optional.. All these were uploaded in the e-service of socpa. Then they issue certificate of temporary accounting technician. In 3 months time after (their) verification of documents, socpa changed mine to associate member.