Is it true that MOM does not give reason for Work Permit rejection

I am a dependent pass holder in Singapore and recently received an offer from a Singapore based company. The employer applied for a work permit for me, but said that it was rejected by MOM without any reason given. The employer has now appealed against the rejection, and it has been three weeks. The employer told me that I meet all the criteria and that they are also unsure why the application was rejected. Has anyone here faced this situation before? Is there anything I can do apart from waiting?

@Abhi40

They want to staff companies with local people.

Is there anything I can do to help my employer as they appeal the rejection? I am desperate to get the work pass.

If you had read the (many) related forum discussions, you would have seen that you are not alone - and would have found many tips for what to do!

In any case, appealing or re-applying without correcting the rejection reason is a waste of time. It will just be rejected again.

@Abhi40

same situation rn.

applied last wk. 2 days rejected.

ongoing appeal now.

SATS met

salary met

maybe they really prioritise locals and only 1 in a million chance of getting apprved of wp

@Ndrpnfl The chances of your appeal greatly depend on whether you (or the employer) removed the rejection reason before appealing. What was, in your case, the difference between the original application and the data sent for appeal?

@beppi Hr says MOM did not give any reason. When I checked the website, it says check with employer or agency.

They didnt also ask for other docs, so I guess its still the same docs and details. Maybe they just add an appeal letter.

@Ndrpnfl Well, then it's time to look for another employer.