Work Permit with 3 Years Service

Hi,

My friend from Philippines got job offer here in Singapore (Freights Exec.) but the company will issue a WORK PERMIT WITH 3 YEARS SERVICE instead of S-Pass.

What does 3Years Service mean? Is she allowed to resign and find new job incase that job is quite toxic for her?? or is it something like an employment bond where you need to work for 3 years before you leave the company??  They also told her that they can only apply an S-pass after 3 years.

Any feedbacks and advice will be greatly appreciated.

There are big differences between WP and S-Pass:

For one, a WP holder must stay in employer-provided accommodation.

And also, the employer is responsible for the WP holder's repatriation at the end of employment, so continuing to stay (and possibly work) in Singapore would be difficult.

Also, the pay offered for WP is usually much lower than for S-Pass.

Thanks for giving a very useful info… i agree! but what troubles me more is the 3 years service. kinda fishy. She had Bachelor's diploma but they asking for High School diploma instead.

Can she able to apply for work while she's under work permit and then request for cancellation once she gets a new job again?

Any best advice or best thing to do?

Right now there's a quota constraint for S pass. some big company giving working permit for those  who have S pass before. So if she has plan looking for company has a quota. She need to exit first then came back if she has an IPA.

WP is not meant for people with a Bachelor degree.

She will therefore most probably be rejected for being over-qualified. But if they omit the degree from the WP application, she also cannot mention it in subsequent ones (e.g. for S-Pass), because those would then be rejected for inconsistent data.

My opinion: Better not accept that WP job!

@TheaThea12 Thanks Thea! Noted on this and Will definitely tell her

@beppi THANK YOU BEPPI! SHE JUST ASKS THE EMPLOYER IF THEY CAN GIVE HER SPASS INSTEAD AND THEY IMMEDIATELY DROPPED THE PHONE! haha. But 2Months of Sending CVs to Hundreds and hundreds of Company and a couple of interviews still No Luck. Very difficult to find work sponsorship these days. Atleast she tried! 1f62a.svg1f62a.svg