Menu
Expat.com

Possibility of registering a company

Last activity 23 January 2023 by sprealestatebroker

Felizo

I'm a Nigerian (physiotherapist & public health expert) married to a Brazilian and we reside in Santo Andre- SP. Although I am a permanent resident, I work full-time in Nigeria with a US non-profit so get to spend time here in Brazil as often as possible.

I'm exploring opportunities to work with International NGOs here in Brazil in the near term and would be glad to learn from the experiences of other ex-pats regarding getting international development jobs in Brazil, especially within the field of public health.

I'm also considering the possibility of registering a company to enable me to do some bit of consultancy work or other businesses including tourism and cross-cultural exchanges between Brazil and Nigeria/West Africa.

I'm happy to connect with you all.

Best,

Felix

Santo Andre

sprealestatebroker

It's called MEI, but it does not cover non profits ( or does it ? )

Your TAX ID through MEI.

Mostly done online. 

Then you have to make the runs to get the paperwork validated. 

Relatively cheap, about R$ 60 per months on a flat tax to keep the books . 

Santo Andre, there's a Cape Verdean Enclave, around Utinga, by the rail . 

amsp

Here's a link with some solid information on the options/detailshttps://www.contabilizei.com.br/contabilidade-online/como-abrir-empresa/

tlacle
I'm a Nigerian (physiotherapist & public health expert) married to a Brazilian and we reside in Santo Andre- SP. Although I am a permanent resident, I work full-time in Nigeria with a US non-profit so get to spend time here in Brazil as often as possible.
I'm exploring opportunities to work with International NGOs here in Brazil in the near term and would be glad to learn from the experiences of other ex-pats regarding getting international development jobs in Brazil, especially within the field of public health.

I'm also considering the possibility of registering a company to enable me to do some bit of consultancy work or other businesses including tourism and cross-cultural exchanges between Brazil and Nigeria/West Africa.

I'm happy to connect with you all.

Best,
Felix
Santo Andre
-@Felizo

Hey Felix, this is a trusty website where you'll the basic information you need to either you or your Brazilian partner to open a company. Link --> https://www.accounttech.com.br/blog/cnpj-para-estrangeiro-saiba-do-que-e-preciso-para-abrir-o-seu-negocio-no-brasil-copy a Google translate will do.

sprealestatebroker

Use MEI, which is the Fed Goverment.,Mostrly online,

Your City hall or Poupa Tempo might be of help on this.

After you gotten this, then you might or not hire an accountant. 

Articles to help you in your expat project in Brazil

• The Brazilian labour market
    The Brazilian labour market

In recent years, Brazil suffered through an economic recession and a government austerity program. Still, Brazil ...

• Finding a job in Brazil
    Finding a job in Brazil

It's better to get a job from abroad if you want to work in Brazil. In this article, find useful information to ...

• Invest in Brazil
    Invest in Brazil

With a population of more than 212 million and a growing middle class, Brazil represents many investment ...

• Working in São Paulo
    Working in São Paulo

São Paulo is Brazil's largest economic center by far, with many Brazilian firms headquartered here, as ...

• Working in Curitiba
    Working in Curitiba

Curitiba attracts many foreigners, who come both for work and because Curitiba offers a high standard of living. ...

• Working in Rio de Janeiro
    Working in Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro is Brazil's largest commercial center after São Paulo. With a diversified economy, it ...

• Working in Fortaleza
    Working in Fortaleza

Fortaleza is the capital city of the northeastern state of Ceará and is Brazil's fifth-largest city ...

• Working in Salvador de Bahia
    Working in Salvador de Bahia

Salvador de Bahia has long been one of Brazil's leading economic centers. The economy today is diversifying, ...

All of Brazil's guide articles