Debrecen thermal bath

Are there good thermal baths around Debrecen?

Are there good thermal baths around Debrecen?

-@angelarobbins

Have you tried Google?

Yes, but what you google can be very differnt in reality.

There's Aquaticum in Debrecen itself. Fine if that's what you're looking for but not worth a special trip to the city.

@zif

I am looking for a medical thermalbath, quiet and no children . can you go to the hotel spas with thermal bath?

@zifI am looking for a medical thermalbath, quiet and no children . can you go to the hotel spas with thermal bath?        -@angelarobbins

IDK what they have in Debrecen but more then likey they have a spa or two.

You'd have to ask at the front desk at a hotel to see if they will take people for the day at a hotel to use the pool or spa.

I asked once near our apt. in a hotel but when I saw how small the pool was and the price for a few hours I decided it wasn't worth it.

Most spas give a slight discount to people over age 65 with a HU ID.

Not sure if they give a discount if you don't have a HU ID.We get a discount at all the spas during the summer when we go. My husband has a HU ID and I show my perm resident permit.

If you've worked in HU and collect SS in Hungary they have a special discount card for those over 65 for trips and river boat events, discounts to many things even a 5% discount on shopping inside Tesco on Tuesdays.

We don't have that card, no SS coming in from Hungary for us.

Once in awhile if we happen to be in Tesco on a Tuesday the clerk will just give us the discount but only if you use a check-out with a clerk,not self check out.

We never ask, they just give it or not .

Unfortunatly,only the very pricey spas don't have many children there.

In summer usually the older folks hit the water when it first opens up before families in mass start to arrive.

Usually a good rule is the more it costs, the less children are there.

If you go during school hours it might help but then again many schools have field trips or summer camps.

There may be private rooms at Aquaticum but the large public area with several pools isn't the super-relaxing place you're looking for.

You can also look at nearby Hajdúszoboszló. It has an enormous outdoor area (maybe the largest in Hungary) but I haven't explored the indoor spa building.

@Marilyn Tassy

thank you so much ❤️