New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

Hi all,

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Sure, I moved to the Netherlands from the UK and have spent a few years enjoying my time in the Netherlands!

Thanks for the warm welcome

@hello56

Hello and welcome on board !

Glad you've joined the forum ^^

Bhavna

Good afternoon,

I have a bit of a different reason but hope this will help someone looking for a place to stay! I have a very nice apartment for rent on the Oostplein in Rotterdam****

I hope I am not breaching any rules about posting advertisements... ;) just try to help (and rent out my place).

Moderated by Bhavna 4 months ago
Reason : Advert should be posted in the Housing in the Netherlands
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Julien

Hello Sir Goodevening

Am i allowed to post about doing a shipment?

@kdawal1994

hello and welcome !

What is your question ?

I suggest that you post your question and we'll guide you

Regards

Bhavna

@claudiusa

Hello and welcome !

Indeed, posting housing ads are not allowed on the forum section. However, you may create a free advert in the Housing in Netherlands section of the website.

Thank you

Bhavna

@Julien

Hi Julien,

I am an American and living in Amsterdam with my wife, who is Dutch.   I  worked a US government job supporting NATOr in Belgium from 2017 to 2020, then in the Netherlands until retiring last year. 

My wife has shown me almost all of the Netherlands and we make great use of the museum pass everywhere.  Still haven't been to Zeeland or the string of islands off of the northwest part of the country.  We love to visit town centers and explore, then find nearby nature walks, as a way of familiarising ourselves with the many beautiful locations around the country.

We have also visited several nearby countries over the past few years and very much enjoy experiencing different cultures. 

My job was quite intense with very long hours so I have not made much progress in learning to read, write, and speak Dutch, so I must turn my attention to that as soon as my burnout subsides enough to be able to study effectively.

At the moment I'm most interested in learning about my obligations to pay Dutch taxes, and how I offset my USA taxes from whatever the Netherlands taxes, and then how to submit USA taxes as well. 

I hope to also meet and learn from fellow Americans in the area from this group.

Chuck

@capmacgregor1960

Hello and welcome on board Chuck !

Thank you for such a detailed introduction.

I would recommend that you start a new topic on the Netherlands forum in regards to your questions about taxes so that members might guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all, good afternoon from Nigeria, my name is Rose, I am looking for a way to relocate to Netherlands with my husband and daughter, I will love to work and live in Netherlands. I have a bachelor's degree in Accounting and i am also a good Hairstylist. Please i will love you all to help me by recommending jobs for me to apply. Thanks in anticipation.

From Atim Rose in Nigeria.

@atimrose80

Hello Atim Rose,

Welcome on board !

i would suggest that you read the Living in the Netherlands guide for expats, in particular, articles about jobs and visa to gather as much information as possible. Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs section for better exposure.

You may also open a new topic on the Netherlands forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien
Hi Julien,

I am an American and living in Amsterdam with my wife, who is Dutch.   I  worked a US government job supporting NATOr in Belgium from 2017 to 2020, then in the Netherlands until retiring last year. 

My wife has shown me almost all of the Netherlands and we make great use of the museum pass everywhere.  Still haven't been to Zeeland or the string of islands off of the northwest part of the country.  We love to visit town centers and explore, then find nearby nature walks, as a way of familiarising ourselves with the many beautiful locations around the country.

We have also visited several nearby countries over the past few years and very much enjoy experiencing different cultures. 

My job was quite intense with very long hours so I have not made much progress in learning to read, write, and speak Dutch, so I must turn my attention to that as soon as my burnout subsides enough to be able to study effectively.

At the moment I'm most interested in learning about my obligations to pay Dutch taxes, and how I offset my USA taxes from whatever the Netherlands taxes, and then how to submit USA taxes as well. 

I hope to also meet and learn from fellow Americans in the area from this group.

Chuck

-@capmacgregor1960

Welcome on board 🤗

It's a shame you haven't visited Zeeland yet (😜) as this is the province I grew up with but I assure you, when you do, you'll fall immediately in love with it.

Hopefully you feel better enough to get the grab of the language. If you need any help how to start, just give a shout out.

As for the American taxes concerns, there are many posts and replies here on the website.

Just use the search tool 🔎 .

@Julien

Hi there I'm coenraad Frederick van der merwe I'm,46 years old for South Africa and I'm looking for work abroad I'm a mechanical fitter by trade and I can operate a tlb and a forklift and I also have experience in driving trucks I have my code ec license here in South Africa

@Coenraadvdmerwe47

Hello and welcome on board !

I recommend that you read the Netherlands Guide and that you create your CV in the Jobs in Netherlands section for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien. Thank you very much for welcoming me. I am Nothabo Muvimi (51). A woman with two kids and i am married. By profession in my country Zimbabwe, i am a RGN. I wish to relocàte to Netherlands with my family and i would like to work as a nurse assistant first while upgrading myself to qualify  to be registered with  the nursing council of Netherlands . May kindly assist in getting a job and sposorship for us.                           

Thank you in advance for coming to my rescue

Hi everyone

I am from South Africa,with distant Dutch heritage(couple of generations).

Looking to relocate there in the near future,and would love some insights and help in finding work etc..

Hi my name is Agnes from Ghana and in Rotterdam.

I am looking for a Dutch public school for my kids who just joined me. Cany one help me with a website or contact that can show me how to get them in school.

Thank you

Hi my name is Agnes from Ghana and in Rotterdam.
I am looking for a Dutch public school for my kids who just joined me. Cany one help me with a website or contact that can show me how to get them in school.
Thank you

-@agnesbananzi

I've just answered your question in the post you posted elsewhere.