Working in KSA, living in Bahrain?

Hi everyone,

I've read some discussions related to the topic above, but I'm still a bit confused. Here is our situation: We are an Australian family (me, my wife, and two daughters). I will start working in Saudi Arabia and will obtain a Saudi iqama, as well as Saudi iqamas for my family.

1 - Can I rent a home and register my kids in school in Bahrain based on their Saudi iqamas without having Bahraini residency? or do I need to obtain a Bahraini residency for my family? If so, how do I go about doing that?

2 - Since my family will have Saudi residency, the medical insurance will obviously cover Saudi Arabia. Are you aware of any Saudi insurance company that covers Bahrain geographically within it policy for similar cases? Alternatively, can I purchase a medical insurance in Bahrain for my family if they are Saudi iqama holders but only live in Bahrain (related to question no.1)?

3 - I understand it is easy to travel back and forth across the causeway with a Saudi iqama and a multiple re-entry visa. Are there any issues or concerns with this arrangement?

Thank you for your assistance.

Roy

This has been answered by me, personally, dozens and dozens of times.  I would suggest that you search the forum and read all the threads.   To keep it short:

1) You may need a "Paper CPR" which is not a residency but gives you a CPR number allowing you to rent etc.  Not all landlords will accept rentals with Saudi Iqama only.   Again search the forums for these discussions

2) This is a broad question.  It depends on your employer policies and the provider they choose.  Saudi insurers do cover treatment in the GCC but AGAIN, it depends on which policy your employer choses to give you - cheaper policies will be for treatment in Saudi only.   You can ask your employer if you can pay the difference for coverage to be extended to Bahrain or get a separate international medical policy.   You won't be able to buy health insurance inside Bahrain without a CPR number

3) Has been discussed many times.  Concerns are traffic/time (depending on where you live in Bahrain and how busy the causeway is.........could take you 1.5-2 hours either way) and the 5 BD daily toll