Menu
Expat.com

Importing Personal Effects

Last activity 25 September 2024 by Toon

jaypee62

Just back from 2+ hours at Pafos customs arranging a duty free clearance without car. Quite a process I must say !

I thought I had all bases covered with multiple documents printed, but there were still more required. Luckily the customs officer was accepting digital emailed copies today.

Anyway, a few words of caution for requirements not mentioned before our appointment :

1. Do not try to save the planet by printing two sided - not accepted

2. Do take a record of last two years travel to and from Cyprus, or your passport with visa stamps

3. Bank statements need to show details of individual transactions not just end of month balances

4. Take a copy of your marriage certificate along

5. For IDs , they are interested in the old one as well as the new one in case you updated in the last few months. DOH !

6. Filling as much of Customs Form 2 in advance saved time but they do want a summary of personal goods being imported, not just a copy of the Movers sheets.

Good luck - not straightforward at all !

Toon

@jaypee62

Great up to the minute information .. thank you

jaypee62

Thanks TOON, I hope to help. Nice to be here at last after talking with you online for 2 or 3years !

Our cudtoms officer's final statement (with a little menace) was   " they may send an officer to your home to observe the unloading ..... "...will let you know.

BTW, the health process is going much smoother. Only 24hours after speaking to the UK office we had our online S1's.

The appointment in the paphos bureau we waited about 10days for and the session there just took a few minutes. We heard that we will have our medical cards after a month , not sure what that means . I understand that we cannot register with a local GESY doctor until this card has been issued ?

Toon

Yes the white medical card serves two purposes ...1 when coupled with your S1 it gets you into the gesy system when you register with GESY. And 2 serves as your GESY tax exemption certificate.when you enter the card number in to the online tax return via taxisnet

Articles to help you in your expat project in Paphos

• Moving with your pets to Cyprus
    Moving with your pets to Cyprus

Expats who have pets know that figuring out the logistics of how to bring their beloved animals to their new ...

• Relocating to Cyprus
    Relocating to Cyprus

If its time for your big move to Cyprus, you will most likely need help from the experts. Choosing the right ...

• Raising children in Cyprus
    Raising children in Cyprus

As Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world, you shouldn't have any worries about raising your kids ...

• Driving in Cyprus
    Driving in Cyprus

As Cyprus is a small island, the best way to get around is by car. But is your drivers license valid in the ...

• Northern Cyprus holidays
    Northern Cyprus holidays

North Cyprus is one of the last unspoilt, most beautiful and popular island holiday destinations in the ...

• About Cyprus
    About Cyprus

Close your eyes and be whisked away to the old romantic harbours and sun-soaked stretches of sand that are ...

• General visa requirements for Cyprus
    General visa requirements for Cyprus

If you are planning on a short-term stay in Cyprus, you should know beforehand whether or not you will need a ...

• Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus
    Permanent residency and citizenship in Cyprus

The complexity of staying long-term in Cyprus (for more than 90 days) varies greatly depending on your ...

All of Paphos's guide articles