Menu
Expat.com

Car Hire vs YuGo (Uber like ride service)

Last activity 03 October 2024 by BlueBell7

BlueBell7

Hi

Once living in Mauitius what’s the best way to get around?

I heard that YuGo which is a ride service like Uber in Mauritius & is good, efficient & much less expensive than normal taxis & car hire.

Anyone used their service & can recommend if it’s better than hiring a car..especially for quick runs to the supermarket & malls etc.

I can’t catch the bus with bags of groceries.. 🤣.. also not really my thing.

I don’t want to hire a car to use once or twice a week to go to the local malls etc.

Obviously hiring a car is best for trips around the island.

Would hiring a car be best if going from Grand Baie to Tamirin area to the Baggetelli Shopping Centre?

Thanks appreciate any advice.

Bhavna

@BlueBell7

Hello,

Hiring a car is best (less time consuming/less costly) but it depends ... how long would be staying here ?

Regards

Bhavna

BlueBell7

Hi Bhava,

I will be living there for 1 year.

Bhavna

@BlueBell7

I think it's way more simpler if you can get your own car (either by buying one or renting).

Feel free to contact car rental companies to order quotes : Car rental in Mauritius

And have a look at existing ads for cars for sale :

https://www.mycar.mu/

Cars for sale in Mauritius

BlueBell7

Awesome thanks for the advice & info. I agree getting my own car would be best.

SafferCA

I'm here for two months and have rented a car. It isn't pristine. It has bumps and scrapes but seems reliable and light on petrol. You are welcome to contact the person I rented it from to see if he can help you. I will send his details privately.

BlueBell7

Awrsome thanks, i appreciate that.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Driving in Mauritius
    Driving in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles