Menu
Expat.com

GBP into Baht

Last activity 22 October 2024 by JayEsCee

daz2079

Hello everyone. I’m new here and I have an interest in moving out to Thailand in the next few years. I am holidaying in Phuket next week and I wondered if someone could tell me what the average exchange rate is over there. It’s currently 43.1 on the exchanges. Just seeing if it’s better to exchange here or in Phuket. Also, I would like to ask loads of questions about moving out to Phuket soon as well

Daz

kevh

You’ll get a better exchange rate in Thailand than in the UK. Not sure about Phuket Airport but in Suvarnabhumi airport in the basement area the money changers there weren’t too bad. 43Baht to GBP seems to be where it’s sitting at the moment but it did get up to around 46 for a while earlier in the year. Last time we were there at the beginning of 2022 it was struggling around 40 to GBP. The days of 80 baht to the pound are long gone! Best rate I ever had myself was about 70 which was handy as that’s when we bought our bungalow😄

Goodmorningthailand

@daz2079

Hello,

You can download smartphone application "SuperRich" (orange brand) . It's one of best changers in the country. I was told there's a same kind of changer at Phuket Airport. Also, I saw a Youtube video with VALUE+ office in a shopping mall in Phuket downtown, I guess it's CENTRAL. I think you will get the best exchange rate there.

JayEsCee

I would change money at the airports in Thailand whether it be Suvanabhumi or Phuket.

Paul Keylard

My 5 cents of experience with airport [link under review]'T. It is there to rip you off because of the lazy traveller convenience. Hope this helps.

JayEsCee

Yes, it is more at the airport, but for you to get the best rates at the exchanges across from the World Trade it would take more money to get there than you would save unless you are exchanging a huge amount of money. The rates at the airport are not bad for small amounts of money to exchange before you get to a main bank branch outside the airport.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles