Moving soon...or not???

Hey guys,

I know you read a lot of posts asking if it is safe to go there or not, I can only join to this posts, or actually to those people who are a bit confused.

I was offered a job end of February, since then i was dealing with the visa and all the requirements to it, and now getting close to the date, which is around 20 April (not get the flight ticket yet)and read all the news about the protests, and wounded policemen, etc. and cant really decide if it is safe or not?

Actually the official websites all says it is all ok, but then in the news you read about all these bad, terrific things..

It is really hard to decide from here Europe!!

Could you give me some light at the end of the tunnel who to imegine this whole situation? It is like people working in one area and a few streets down there are fights??

Thank you for your advice in advance,

V.

Hi Vadvirag and Advance welcome to Bahrain :)

I can understand your confusion as I have been there few months ago and I know how hard it is to decide in such cases.

Seeking information from the Media nowadays in completely sensesless and will make you more confused and think 1000 times before taking a step forward.

What you see in the media is only happening in certain areas and everyone here knows where are those areas. Nevertheless, life is going on as normal, and troubles at those areas are not affecting on the rhythm of life in Bahrain in any way; this is how I see it from a pure personal prospective.

A lot of expats are living in Bahrain but they were never targeted in any way.

I think the image you have in mind may change once you are on board.

Hope this helps, meanwhile if you still have any questions unanswered do not hesitate to ask.

Good Luck :)

Hi Vadvirag and welcome to Expat.com!

Good luck on your new life :)

Francesca

Hi Vadvirag

Like Vidodido said, nothing to be anxious about.
Our life here is still much better than in a lot of big European cities' suburbs!

Hope you will enjoy your new life...

Cheers

Olivier