Menu
Expat.com

arrived in Chiang Mai just 1 week ago!

Last activity 15 May 2013 by kellie120110

kasumi

hi all,
my name is kasumi i'm from Japan.
I came here with a program of my university for 6 months, until september, but as i'm alone to come here, i want to know somebody to be friends smile.png   as i'm not good at speaking English at all nor Thai (i'm really sorry but i can't understand Thai at all yet..), and as i'm little bit shy, i don't dare to go out yet.
so, now, i'm trying to have contact with you like this 
and hope to eat out or something with somebody one day ! um, hopely who could talk with me slowly..
i also really want to study thai !
nice to meet you smile.png

thank you!

bonjour,
je m'appelle kasumi, je viens du japon.
je suis arrivée à Chiang Mai il y a une semaine.
Je suis venue ici dans le cadre d'un stage de ma université mais comme il n'y a pas d'autre stagiaire, je voudrais faire des amis ici smile.png
mais comme j'ai pas de tout confiance en anglais, je ne comprends pas encore le thaïlandais et en plus je suis un peu timide, je n'ose pas encore visiter partout à Chiang Mai.
Donc, maintenant, j'essaie de faire un post ici, et j'espère qu'un jour on peut aller au café ou qqch comme ça smile.png
je cherche aussi qqun qui pourrait m'aider apprendre le thaïlandais et le français ! j'ai étudié le français en France juste 3 mois et je voudrais continuer l'étudier.
merci !

Harmonie

Welcome to Expat.com kasumi!

Hope that you'll get a lot of new contacts here.wink.png

Harmonie

johndale

I'm new here too and would love to have a friend from Japan

slandha

Welcome to Chiang Mai!! I hope you like it smile.png

kasumi

thank you very much for the cheers
and this site smile.png !! it's really good idea to make such place for meeting ppl or informations all over the world !

kasumi

and, to johndale and slandha,
thank you so much for your messages !!
i'm so glad to come here and have oppotunities to meet new ppl like this!!! smile.png

Suchada

Hi Kasumi. I live in Lamphun but I work in Chiangmai. Next month, the most important temple and well-known sight seeing in Lamphun "Wat Pra That Hari Phunchai" will hold an annual Buddhist cerebration and ceremony. There will be thousands of local people and tourists visit there. I hope you, Johndale and other new expats would go and see how local northern Buddhist cerebration will be happened there. It's very easy to go to this temple by any vehicles. Just go along the road to Saraphee and head to Lamphun, no turn right nor turn left.  The temple is just located by the main road in Lamphun city . Please feel free to message me if you're really interested to visit there.

kasumi

thank you for your announcement ! smile.png that interests me a lot!
do you know the exact day of that Buddhist cerebration ceremony?
I'd love to go there, but as i have school here, i'm not sure if i could visit there or not sad.png

it's so kind of you to let us know about the festival!

johndale
Suchada wrote:

Hi Kasumi. I live in Lamphun but I work in Chiangmai. Next month, the most important temple and well-known sight seeing in Lamphun "Wat Pra That Hari Phunchai" will hold an annual Buddhist cerebration and ceremony. There will be thousands of local people and tourists visit there. I hope you, Johndale and other new expats would go and see how local northern Buddhist cerebration will be happened there. It's very easy to go to this temple by any vehicles. Just go along the road to Saraphee and head to Lamphun, no turn right nor turn left.  The temple is just located by the main road in Lamphun city . Please feel free to message me if you're really interested to visit there.

Suchada,

I was at that temple a few weeks ago and was amazed at the energy there. It was a quiet day but the energy in the temple was so calm and peaceful. I couldn't help myself, I just had to sit and meditate for a bit. It was wonderful!

thank you for your suggestion to visit there during the buddhist celebration. I also would like to know the date.

Thanks!

John

TinaTinh

Hello JohnDale,

We're living in Orange County, CA (about 45' from Los Angeles).

We plan to retire in Chiang Mai by the end of this year.  We are Buddhists and love to see the temples when we get there. 

Could you please share your experience in Chiang Mai?  Many thanks.

Namaste,

Harvey & Tina

kellie120110

Hi TinaTinh,

I am Kellie I have been in Chaing Mai for approximately 2 weeks, its beautiful here the temples are simply amazing I have only been to a few around where I live, The Thai people are friendly, happy and helpful, (if they are annoyed with me for not knowing the language they surely don't show it) the food is simply amazing, I have not had anything I didn't like so far, also very healthy, lots of fruits and vegetables, If you fly in to Bangkok i would recommend the train to Chaing Mai, its very comfortable and a great way to see the country however it takes approx 12 hours.

I hope this helps if you have any other questions feel free to ask if i don't know i will find out for you, if possible

Kellie

Articles to help you in your expat project in Chiang Mai

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Accommodation in Chiang Mai
    Accommodation in Chiang Mai

More and more digital nomads, teachers, entrepreneurs, retirees, volunteers, and NGO workers are flocking to the ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

• The healthcare system in Thailand
    The healthcare system in Thailand

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in the world. It is also home to a large number of long-term expats, ...

• Accommodation in Phuket
    Accommodation in Phuket

Phuket is a popular destination for expatriates working or retiring on the island. Its expat community is also ...

All of Chiang Mai's guide articles