Menu
Expat.com

S'insatller a Chiang Mai

Last activity 13 June 2011 by patinette

patinette

Bonjour, Hello, Aloha,

I wrote this post in french originally but feel now as though it might have left many out of the loop....

Spending the month of June in Chiang Mai to feel the city and expat life - My goal is to return for a longer stay in the fall with my children - 2 boys - 8 and 11.
I would like to rent a simple house in the city surroundings and meet expat families with children.
We are french, living on Maui, Hawaii.
My children are bilingual with french and english - they enjoy sports especially basket ball, soccer, and of course making new friends.
I would welcome any advice, info you may wish to share about friendly neighborhoods, the housing process, schools, places to meet other families...life here in genral...etc.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Aloha.

Armand

Bonjour patinette!

Bienvenue sur Expat.com!

Armand

patinette

Merci Armand.
Es-tu a Chian Mai ou bien a l'Ile Maurice?
si t'as des infos, conseils etc...sur CM je suis preneuse...

patinette.

Armand

Je suis à Maurice smile.png

Je suis sur que les membres sur place se feront un plaisir de vous donner quelques infos pratiques wink.png

Amicalement
Armand

Frost

I would advise looking into what schools they might attend and ask the school officials what part of town nearby that they think would be good for you and your kids. Good that you are going there in advance to recon the area.

Good luck!
Peter

Armand

Thread moved to the anglophone forum!

Regards
Armand

patinette

Thank you for your advice Peter - I have indeed contacted several schools and will focus the search for the house on that basis.

Take care.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Chiang Mai

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Accommodation in Chiang Mai
    Accommodation in Chiang Mai

More and more digital nomads, teachers, entrepreneurs, retirees, volunteers, and NGO workers are flocking to the ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

• The healthcare system in Thailand
    The healthcare system in Thailand

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in the world. It is also home to a large number of long-term expats, ...

• Accommodation in Phuket
    Accommodation in Phuket

Phuket is a popular destination for expatriates working or retiring on the island. Its expat community is also ...

All of Chiang Mai's guide articles