Menu
Expat.com

Volunteering in HCMC

Last activity 26 July 2013 by NTBB

darago01

So is there somewhere in HCMC where an American can volunteer in this field? I have a degree in Environmental Studies from the states and would love to put it to good use!

-Nelly

Aurélie

Hello Nelly.

Welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

For more visibiliy, a new thread has been created from your message on the Ho Chi Minh City forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Clarimonda

Hi Nelly,

You can visit facebook.com/unicefnextgenvn. You can sign up to volunteer for upcoming education & fundraising activities of Unicef's Next Generation by emailing nextgenerationvn@unicef.org.

They has just welcome a young American Volunteer Group to VN.

darago01

UNICEF is an organization aimed at helping children, right? Any environmental stuff in there?

Clarimonda

As I heard environment is part of the project, you can proactively email them to ask for more info, discuss the field you would like to support.
Another project I know is Clean water & Sanitation of East meets West
eastmeetswest.org/page.aspx?pid=399

darago01

Cool....thank you!

darago01

Hello all! I just had a meeting with a man from ENV (Education for Nature Vietnam). I'm definitely excited to start volunteering with them! The great thing about this group is that it's "foreigner friendly"

The website is in English and they are looking for more foreigners to volunteer at the moment! Their website again is: envietnam.org. You can become a member (which means donate $$$), or, like me, you can become a volunteer (free of course).

They don't have a link for their volunteer registration form online yet, but you can contact me directly and I can e-mail it directly to you. I encourage EVERYONE to participate or at least message me for more information to see if it's right for you

-Nelly

freshair

Hey please keep me updated on your experience with ENV. I have had my eyes on them for a long time, but haven't met anyone who has personally worked or volunteered with them, so I'd eager to hear stories.

darago01
ngohly wrote:

Hey please keep me updated on your experience with ENV. I have had my eyes on them for a long time, but haven't met anyone who has personally worked or volunteered with them, so I'd eager to hear stories.

Great! I've already been assigned a project that I'm going to start working on this month....it sounds exciting. I'll keep you updated for sure! smile.png

NTBB

Hi Nelly,

We encountered a group of students volunteering here in Nha Trang beach. Me and my mates decided to help out picking up garbage on the beach. We got these awesome t-shirts and it was full of fun.

If there's a volunteering for a day in HCM or Nha Trang please let us know where we can sign up! smile.png

Cheers!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles