Mosquitos and creepy crawleys

Hi all,

Trust you are all well and making good use of the weather. Hope your all having many bbq's.

Quick question: what is the situation with mosquitos in bahrain. Also are there any other creepy crawleys that one should be aware off?

Ps- i may be 6'5" but still scared of spiders!! :o

Paul

Hiya - ya big wuss :D

I've seen one spider since I moved here but Mosquito's can be a problem.

All accommodation should have regular pest control measures done to get rid of the cockroaches, ants and mosquito's.

Buy deet based sprays to stop being bitten BD2 from Manazels (big hardware store) and citronella candles, torches when in the garden.

Bit humid at the moment for too many BBQ's - BBQ season starts late September mostly.

Hello there,

I am yet to see one single mosquito in Bahrain. I'm sure they are here somewhere but because all the windows are closed during summer, they can't come in. It could also be the hear keeping them away.

As a 6'2" guy, I am also scared of spiders. I haven't seen one in my flat yet (thank god for that). But I have seen a cockroach and they are also not my favourite.

Where I used to live had clouds of mosquito and hundreds of cockroach.  We aren't in a high rise flat though. We moved and it's much better here thankfully

I had a big issue with mosquitoes where I live. But thankfully these are not the malaria/dengue carrying types. Just pesky old mossies :)

Also Thankfully the community I live in has introduced a few initiatives to eradicate the mosquito menace and indeed I can see improvements.

I have come across quite a few spiders here. Once again nothing to be alarmed about. They have 8 eyes and see us very clearly approaching them - and they do make a run for it before we get any where close to them.

Repellents do help in all cases. Keep some strong smelling stuff handy if you are planning those BBQs.

How funny - just talking about bugs today.

We have the occasional mosquito, have had 1 cockroach and have yet to see a spider - yay for that!  Personally, I think there are less pesky bugs than in the UK

Thanks to you all.

Scottrace that is good to know. Not that I'm scared or anything?!!! Hopefully saudi will be the same!

Look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Paul