Living & Travel times

Hi

I am considering a move to Bahrain with my girlfrend. Our first expat move. I would be working in Manama, financial district. I am looking at villas in Amwaj Islands and Durrat al Bahrain. Does anyone live there already, have any info / recommends, how much negotiation is typical on advertised rental figures ?

Also what is the travel time from Durrat al Bahrain to Manama to arrive at 9 am ? Google says around an hour ?

Any help appreciated.

M

Hi,

Please find several villas for sale here:
[moderated: no free ads, thks!]
Regards,
Khalid

Dear
i am new join in this website, but i am sure if the expat people asking for any help in bahrain i will do it for them

Thanks

Kingo, may I ask you to stop copy/paste the same message on several discussions? Thks

designace wrote:

Hi

I am considering a move to Bahrain with my girlfrend. Our first expat move. I would be working in Manama, financial district. I am looking at villas in Amwaj Islands and Durrat al Bahrain. Does anyone live there already, have any info / recommends, how much negotiation is typical on advertised rental figures ?

Also what is the travel time from Durrat al Bahrain to Manama to arrive at 9 am ? Google says around an hour ?

Any help appreciated.

M

Hi M,

I have an R/E agent who has villas/units available in Tala (Amwaj) Island - please drop me a line if you'd require more info.
In my experience whatever I saw advertised by the time I was able to check, was already gone - I call it false advertising - so I advise you to get here a week or so earlier, contact R/E and check it straight away. Everybody saying that prices are down but in reality they are steady. Villa in Amwaj is not what I'm looking for so I could not advice on price. You could bargain ~50-100BHD per month depending on price.

What/where is Durrat? What is address in Manama? Google map might help. Road from Amwaj to Manama near Island at this moment is still under development and one-line each way - you may get stuck in case of accident.

Upon arrival get a small map @ airport and maybe a Garmin GPS later on (but some roads are not there yet).

Hi designace

First of all, welcome to Bahrain. Its a beautiful place and surely the best in the Gulf region.

I am not a real estate agent or anything so I do not have any interest in my recommendation.

With regards to Accomodation, forget Durrat AlBahrain, its very very far (southest point in Bahrain), plus there are stupid restrictions there.

I personally live in Amwaj and I love it, in particular, I live in Tala Isalnd, I love Tala since its a gated commuincty with private pool and beach and play area for the kids. There is also 24/7 market and Costa Coffee outlets.

The downside could be traffic, it will take you apprixemtly 35 to 45 minutes from Tala to Manama (worse case is 45)

But beware, that Amwaj and all the new developments are on the high side, a 2BR apartment in Amwaj will not be less than BD.700.

(moderated: no ads please)

enjoy Bahrain.

Hey thr! Durrat Al Bahrain is quiet far from Manama its on the outskirts btw.  You require more than an hour and with the heavy traffic out during weekdays rush hours mornings and evenings might take more than 1.30 hrs.

designace wrote:

Hi

Any help appreciated.

M

Hi Asfia,

Guess your inbox is full, can you check it , am not able to send email.