Hello,
EP applied on 21/05
Rejected on 22/05
Appealed on 29/05
APPROVED on 28/07
*Already in Singapore
*Tech company non essential sector
Good luck to everyone waiting

It took 2 months for the appeal to be approved? Omg...

GuestPoster292

anyone know if there's any telegram group for new EP/S-pass application ?

SGFriend1

Hello!

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and I felt like sharing my situation:

New EP application -
Applied: 21 July 2020
Approved: 29 July 2020

Exactly 6 Working days but I guess this is given that there are no other reasons for rejection. This is true for some cases that I have read also in other forums.

Hope this helps because I know the level of anxiety is enormous.

GuestPoster292
SGFriend1 wrote:

Hello!

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and I felt like sharing my situation:

New EP application -
Applied: 21 July 2020
Approved: 29 July 2020

Exactly 6 Working days but I guess this is given that there are no other reasons for rejection. This is true for some cases that I have read also in other forums.

Hope this helps because I know the level of anxiety is enormous.

able to share what industry ure in ? and did u apply ur EP while ure inside SG or outside SG ?
thanks

SGFriend1

IT sector and yes, I am in SG.

sg1981

hello my ep filing date is also 21 july 2020 , it sector
waiting

GuestPoster292
sg1981 wrote:

waiting

are u in sg or outside of sg ?

sg1981

in sg..

Priya-1304

Hi, it may not be completely related to the subject of the thread however I would appreciate any advice on this. I am an IPA holder of an EP and have already arrived in SG. I need to apply for the dependent pass for my spouse but somehow, we seem to have misplaced our marriage certificate and dont have a soft copy either. Is there an alternative to the marriage certificate for processing the dependent pass?

beppi

You need an official document that shows you are married.
Do you have any other?

Priya-1304

Both our passports mention each others' names as spouse. Will that be sufficient?

beppi

I have no idea. Ask them, not us here!

plutox
Priya-1304 wrote:

Hi, it may not be completely related to the subject of the thread however I would appreciate any advice on this. I am an IPA holder of an EP and have already arrived in SG. I need to apply for the dependent pass for my spouse but somehow, we seem to have misplaced our marriage certificate and dont have a soft copy either. Is there an alternative to the marriage certificate for processing the dependent pass?

You can try consular services of the relevant country you are from. For example Indian embassy in Singapore can issue Marriage certificates.

goldskull

Date of Application: 15/07/2020
Approved on: 03/08/2020

New Application. Moving Job. In SG.

hriday9
goldskull wrote:

Date of Application: 15/07/2020
Approved on: 03/08/2020

New Application. Moving Job. In SG.

3 weeks during this time seems long, I heard ep's getting approved quickly

hriday9
sg1981 wrote:

waiting

Any update yet?

j127b
anilchoudhary84 wrote:

Hi Anyone applied for special entry permission with IPA letter who are not in sg ? Thanks

I'm in this situation too. Any non-essential workers been granted entry permission?

amitsinghal5

My Story so far (Renewal)

Applied: 28/07/2020
EP Approved: 06/08/2020

DPs are still pending.

All applications were placed together, usually approved together, but I am worried why DPs are still pending.

Sapphire17

Hi all,
Just want to ask what if the previous job is only 3-4months (Covid issue), still need to put in The next pass application?

surya2k
amitsinghal5 wrote:

My Story so far (Renewal)

Applied: 28/07/2020

DPs are still pending.

All applications were placed together, usually approved together, but I am worried why DPs are still pending.

DP should come in a day or two. As you are saying you EP was approved today only, then DPs should come by tomorrow. In general cases, EP always gets approve first after then DPs.

surya2k
Sapphire17 wrote:

Hi all,
Just want to ask what if the previous job is only 3-4months (Covid issue), still need to put in The next pass application?

If your previous job was in Singapore then you must have to declare as MoM has all the information. Any miss match will lead to rejection.

But, if your 4 months in some other country then it’s upto you to declare. If you don’t mention then MoM will see as a gap to previous subscription.

JeffKao

Hi all,

I've been following and reading different feedback and comments here.

Just wanted to share my timeline, hope this can bring some positive energy!

Applied: 30/07/2020

IT industry. Currently in SG. Moving to new company.

hriday9

is there anyone who is on SVP and EP is pending?
Applied on 27th July and still not approved while people who already hold EP and applied EP after 27th July got their EP approved mostly by 6th Aug

Not sure whats going on

beppi

As you can see from related forum posts, there is a very wide range of processing times, with the majority being between one and two months.
Since there is nothing you can do to speed up MoM’s internal processes, patience is the key when dealing with them!

user80

This group has always been very helpful, getting back here as have few questions...

Actually i'm not changing the employer as such, but the employer itself want my EP to be changed from let's say "ABC Pro" to "ABC solutions" meaning they want me to switch to their subsidiary or sister company.

The situation is that I'm currently out of S'pore and have looking ways to get back to SG (as we need approval before entering SG) but now the employer is NOT willing to apply my entry approval under "ABC Pro" but want me to first move to "ABC Solutions" and then apply entry approval once I get new IPA

I've two questions if someone can please answer :-

1) Though i'll be moving to sister company, shall i treat it like same employer (from MOM's perspective, or will they consider altogether new and different)

2) My employer will not cancel the old EP until the new one is approved, assuming it'll get approved, when the older EP will cancel, at least after I am able to enter S'pore under new EP ? (just wanted to get into S'pore before they cancel the old EP)

Thanks in advance!!

beppi

Transfers within a group of related companies are treated differently than a new EP application. Your employer should enquire about this with MoM.

user80

Thanks Beppi, that helps!!

sg1981

My application Date 21/07/2020

IT sector - Still Pending

GuestPoster292
sabrina3333 wrote:

congratulations!

Anyway, from what i know, ur plan is definitely do-able. If rejected, just appeal again. If still rejected.. find other company.
Go to MOM wevsite and do the SAT tool to see if u are eligible for EP. It is 90% accurate.

MY92

Applied on 10th June, still pending, finance sector.
Anyone facing the same situation?

GuestPoster292

Hi All,

Now I am outside SG, in my mother's country.
During this hard time, no one know whether EP will be approved and how long it will take. So i just want to discuss one scenario, when I am waiting my EP result from SG, can I first take the offer and join the firm in my mother country?  Then when I really get my EP, then i quit the current job. Is it doable? My questions are as following:
when I waiting EP result,
1. Can I take the offer from my mother country's company? Is it illegal?
2. Should i tell my SG employee that I join the company from my mother country?
3. Will this experience be known by MOM and have some impact on my EP application?
4. When should I quit the job if i take the job offer from my mother country? when I get the EP or when get the entry approval?

The worst case that I want to avoid is that I lose both of the jobs…. This really make me worried. I appreciate any suggestion. Pls give me some advice.

LG4god

You can adhere any type of employment anywhere. MOM has no objection to it as you already submitted your application.
My personal advice is don't tell your employer that you have taken employment rather just try to stretch the time with your company notice period with any type of excuse like flights are not available, my mother is sick, i have event at this time So, that notice period also gets served and your employer wouldn't come to know about this.

SacShe

Off late I have seen EPs getting approved fro people who are outside of SG but don't know whether they are doing this for essential services or for all. Check with your company in SG. If you think your chances are slim of getting EP then would recommend to take offer in your home country

GuestPoster292

thanks for your advice.  then when should i quit for my job if i take the offer from my mother country? when i get the EP or when i get the Entry approval?

GuestPoster292
SacShe wrote:

Off late I have seen EPs getting approved fro people who are outside of SG but don't know whether they are doing this for essential services or for all. Check with your company in SG. If you think your chances are slim of getting EP then would recommend to take offer in your home country

yes i also see some of the case, so i really wanna have a try. but just also dont want to lose the job from my country as a back choise.

Apj2815

Hi All ,

My Ep was applied 1 week of July , 28th July query  from MOM request company details if they are paying salaries correctly for existing employees with  proof of record as I believe the company is small less than 10 employees may be the reason  . The details was shared to them after 2-3 days . Today EP  got rejected , EP rejection letter has no reason .. is this a common scenario MOM not providing Reason in the letter  .  HR told they will approach MOM to check With officer and revert back.

beppi

Apj2815: Please read existin forum threads about the topic before posting - this has been discussed numerous times.
Furthermore, your profile indicates that you are Singaporean (who needs no EP). You might want to correct that.

GuestPoster292

dear all,

Does anyone know the valid period for entry approval (EA) for EP holder? i know all student pass holders will be given 2 weeks. but what about for EP holder? EA also valid for 2weeks or must enter SG on the appointment day?

Thanks in advance.

Ronaldo1121

anyone get their EP approved this month?

I applied on 3/8/2020

now still pending

finance sector

ADP2010

Applied on 31st July 2020, still pending

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles