Things required to open bank account for (UAE Resident)

Hi!

I'm an UAE resident and i would like to open a bank account. What are the things i would need to bring with me to the bank? And do you guys have any bank recommendations for me? I'm still pretty new in the country so there's a lot of things i'm not sure yet. Thanks!

Hi Cherry,

First decide which account you would like to open, Current account (or)Saving account

Please carry the following documents

1) Emirates ID
2) Original passport
3) Passport copy
4) Visa page copy
5) NOC from sponsor to open a bank account (Husband sponsor visa, get a NOC letter from Husband)

Regards,

which bank is good ??
Suggestions please

Pretty much all are the same - bad service everywhere.

Depends on your needs really.  I prefer the multinational banks like HSBC as I can link my accounts in different countries.

Rajadubai2000 wrote:

Hi Cherry,

First decide which account you would like to open, Current account (or)Saving account

Please carry the following documents

1) Emirates ID
2) Original passport
3) Passport copy
4) Visa page copy
5) NOC from sponsor to open a bank account (Husband sponsor visa, get a NOC letter from Husband)

Regards,

Hi Raja,
Thanks for the reply. I'm working here too in Dubai so that means i do not need #5 NOC Letter, right? I have taken note of the 4 things to bring, thanks. :)

I'll have to think about the current account or saving account.. Do you have any suggestions for which is the best for Current and Saving account?

Thank you.

Hi Cherry,

If you need Cheque book then you need to open Current account
Many bank will allow you to open current account if you transfer your salary to that current account.
Salary transfer current account need a salary transfer certificate from your current employer.

If you dont need cheque book then you can open Saving account.
Also note that you need to keep minimum balance in the saving account .
For saving account you dont need any NOC

Regards,