Menu
Expat.com

EP application for those outside SG, fall in !

Last activity 25 September 2020 by benoit_lh

jak123456

Hi everyone,

Decided to start a thread to gather all EP applicants that's OUTSIDE SG, so as to have a better gauge of the current situation (approvals/rejections).
For guest reading this, please create a account and chip in, the more data the better for everyone during this period.

If you did apply for EP recently (July/Aug),
1) Pending/Approved/Rejected   (If rejected, please state the reason given by MOM if any)
2) Date of application
3) Date of result  (blank if still pending)
4) Industry

I will update here once my EP application has been submitted.
Please spread this link to other EP applicants (thats outside SG) to contribute.

Thanks !  big_smile.png

zell10_10

Might want to move this topic to the Visa forum for more visibility?

zell10_10

Anyway

1) Pending
2) Date of application : 04/08/20
3) Date of result :
4) Industry : Data

srini_dk

1) Status: Pending
2) Date of application: 10/07/2020
3) Date of result: --N/A
4) Industry: Technology

jak123456

2) Date of application: 10/08/2020
3) Date of result:
4) Engineering

jak123456
RafsanMazumder wrote:

Is there any update?

Still pending. How about u ? Please join in to add on the database  smile.png

Ronaldo1121

2) Date of application: 3/08/2020
3) Date of result:
4) Dealer

inside singapore

babyderpina

2) Date of application: 9 Aug 2020
3) Date of result: ___
4) Industry: Animal healthcare

*fingers crossed*

zell10_10

An update.

1) Approved
2) Date of application : 04/08/20
3) Date of result : 15/08/20
4) Industry : Data

Note: EP applied but SP was given instead.

Ronaldo1121
Ronaldo1121 wrote:

2) Date of application: 3/08/2020
3) Date of result:
4) Dealer

inside singapore

Approved on 16/8/2020

Afihde

Has anyone here got approved for Dependent Pass? Can share the timeline and current location?

jak123456
hellofriday wrote:

2) Date of application: 10/08/2020
3) Date of result:
4) Engineering

Approved 24th Aug.

benoit_lh

From where did you apply if I may ask? Outside SG?

jak123456

yes outside sg.

babyderpina
babyderpina wrote:

2) Date of application: 9 Aug 2020
3) Date of result: ___
4) Industry: Animal healthcare

*fingers crossed*

As expected, it was REJECTED on 23 Aug 2020 because:
"If your candidate is currently in Singapore, you may wish to submit an appeal for our consideration. Otherwise, you may wish to apply again when the additional safe distancing measures are lifted."

My employer said they will send an appeal when government move on to Phase 3 and that rules are less strict now but no confirmation yet.

benoit_lh

Thanks for informing about the comments of MOM, useful
Keep us updated

heripaski

1) Status : Pending
2) Date of application : 18/08/20
3) Date of result : N/A
4) Industry : Chemical (Engineering)

LadyOtacon

I have an S Pass application and not an E Pass application, but can help.

1) Status : Rejected
2) Date of application : 17/08/20
3) Date of result : 28/08/20
4) Industry : IT

My employer will reappeal, but just isn't sure if whether they should do it now or when Phase 3 is already in place in Singapore.

zeus995879

Currently I am outside SG. If my new employer applies for EP will my old employer knnow (while applying for my entry approval?)

LadyOtacon

Hi,

Just an update from my previous post. My rejection was due to Covid. They can only reappeal once measures are lifted in SG.

Not sure if there are other here who had the same reason but were able to reappeal successfully. But if you did, please let us know.

heripaski
heripaski wrote:

Update :
Result : Rejected (30/08/20)

I have asked my employer about the reason for rejection and what are we going afterwards but haven't gotten any responses yet

heripaski

Thanks for the update, maybe I have the same reason. Which country are you from?

LadyOtacon
heripaski wrote:

Thanks for the update, maybe I have the same reason. Which country are you from?

The Philippines.

benoit_lh

Thanks for the update guys.
May I ask you if you are moving from Philippines to Singapore with the same company or is it a new company that you are working with in Singapore ?
And you Heripaski?

LadyOtacon
benoit_lh wrote:

Thanks for the update guys.
May I ask you if you are moving from Philippines to Singapore with the same company or is it a new company that you are working with in Singapore ?
And you Heripaski?

I am moving from the Philippines to Singapore (I am currently outside the Philippines). It's also my first job there.

benoit_lh

Ok, thanks.
I was working in France (I am french) and moved to india with the same company and now got an offer in Singapore with still the same company (french company). Today it seems my company wants to wait before applying to visa, may be wait until phase 3 has been reached.
Let's keep in touch

LadyOtacon
benoit_lh wrote:

Ok, thanks.
I was working in France (I am french) and moved to india with the same company and now got an offer in Singapore with still the same company (french company). Today it seems my company wants to wait before applying to visa, may be wait until phase 3 has been reached.
Let's keep in touch

We're in the same boat! Yes, they also wanted me to wait for Phase 3 before reapplying. Sure, just shoot a msg!

heripaski

I'm from Indonesia.
Move from the same company

But, when will phase 3 started?
It begins once vaccines available and border open, isn't it?

xelon

3) Date of result : 27/08/20

My company said will re-appeal but the EPOnline still shows as rejected

heripaski
xelon wrote:

Will or already appeal?
The status will remain the same unless you have approved after appeal

xelon

I see. Thanks bro. My company already appealed

LadyOtacon
xelon wrote:

Do you know the reason of the rejection? Are you also outside SG? If your company appealed, what did they say?

benoit_lh

According to the government website, there is the information below

"Phase Three (Safe Nation) : This will be the ‘new normal’ for Singapore, as we expect to remain at this state until an effective vaccine or treatment for COVID-19 is developed. "

So I guess, the phase 3 can begin before a vaccine, may be in a few weeks/months when there will be 0 cases in Singapore and a situation more in the control accross the world.

Let's unite the strengths and put the filipian, indonesian, french spirit and all the other nationalities together to get this visa!

heripaski
heripaski wrote:
heripaski wrote:

Update :

I have asked my employer about the reason for rejection and what are we going afterwards but haven't gotten any responses yet

Update :
03/09/2020

The reason for rejection was individual eligible, and my employer said it's hard to appeal with that reason. Anyone has the same issue like me?

devendragoleit

2) Date of application : 11/08/20

xelon
LadyOtacon wrote:
xelon wrote:

Do you know the reason of the rejection? Are you also outside SG? If your company appealed, what did they say?

I didnt know the reason of rejection. My company appealed on the same day and they didn't say anything

Furre
heripaski wrote:
heripaski wrote:
heripaski wrote:

Update :

Update :
03/09/2020

The reason for rejection was individual eligible, and my employer said it's hard to appeal with that reason. Anyone has the same issue like me?

Hi, mind to share your info more detail?

1.How long your work experience
2.Which University you graduated
3.   Range salary
4.   Are you transfer under ICT (intra-corperate transferee)

benoit_lh

Hi Furre,

Why are you asking the .4? Do you think it is an advantage to be under ICT to get the visa?

Furre
benoit_lh wrote:

Hi Furre,

Why are you asking the .4? Do you think it is an advantage to be under ICT to get the visa?

Hi benoit_lh,

According to my HR (not official from MOM), there is an advantage for those who apply EP under ICT slot because it's clearly that the job/position is not for Singaporean. Meaning that we are not competing or taking any opportunity for Singaporean during this hard time

benoit_lh

Hi Furre

Thanks for details

Just to be sure on the process, what is exactly the diference between individual eligible and under ICT?

I have been working for the same company for 5 years, respectively in france, India and soon (hopefully) in Singapore. Does it mean my employer will apply throught ICT?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles