S pass application status rejected

Last activity 25 May 2021 by Chen Hongyi

Rajeshviji

Hi guys,

My S pass application was rejected;
Application: 26 August 2020
Rejection: 7 September 2020
Appeal: 7 September 2020
The reason it was rejected was "not successful if candidate is in Singapore may wish to apply for an appeal for our consideration.. Scary and worried due that my visit pass expiry 14 September 2020 (2nd times of extension) Please give me advise.....

beppi

Even if the employer appeals, the result is not likely to come before your SVP expires.
So you better leave Singapore, hopefully only temporarily.

Rajeshviji

Hi beppi,
Today my new employer request to mom for my special pass extension. I need a clarification for you how is my appeal result come out .please share your experience .

beppi

I have no direct experience with appeals. My own EP applications, over 20 years ago before I became PR, were all approved without one.

kubernetes

Hi @Rajeshviji whats the update on your appeal?

Also your STVP extension is 1st extension or 2nd extension already?

singhsaurabh581

Hi Everyone,

just want your help, is there anyone who knows how can I check my spass appeal status with login into MOM portal.

beppi

The status will show "appoved" if the appeal was successful. Otherwise it remains at "rejected".

singhsaurabh581

Hi Everyone,

Second chance again MOM has rejected my appeal, and their is no reason update into the system only they wrote No Rejection reason.

Can anyone help me If I want to again apply for Spass so in maximum how much time can I file a new Spass application.

Regards
Saurabh Singh

beppi

There is no waiting time needed before a new application can be submitted.
But the circumstances have to be sufficiently different, so as to address the rejection reason - which they unfortunately didn't tell you, so this is difficult to judge. But just submitting the same application (for the same job) again will certainly not work.
Maybe you can look for another employer?

Sahil0207

Hi,

Is there any way to appeal second time or make a new application by changing something in it?

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Sahil

beppi

A second appeal is not normally possible. A new application can be submitted for a new job.
But all this only makes sense if the rejection reasons are addressed. So the first step must be finding out what caused the rejection.

Sahil0207

Thanks @beppi..

Follow-up queries.. What is the successful rate of appeal application?

Thanks & regards,
Sahil

beppi

If the rejection reason was not addressed, the approval chance is Zero.
If it was addressed, it depends on all the other parameters of the application/job/employer/employee/Singapore job market/economic situation/MoM's policies. You can read about most of these on related threads.

Sahil0207

Thanks @beppi. Finger crossed.

jchester24

Hi Rajesh,

Can quick check your new Employer managed to extend your STVP? or you go physically to MOM Office for the Extension?

Thank you
John

josef2010

Is it possible to go to MOM for extension of STVP? Or only EX Company HR only can do the request?

jchester24
josef2010 wrote:

Is it possible to go to MOM for extension of STVP? Or only EX Company HR only can do the request?

Hi Josef

I’ve read some feedback here Option 1 is to ask your Ex Employer for the extension of your STVP Option 2: last 2 months some went to MOM Physically for the request and managed to get an extension

Waiting for some recent experience on going to MOM for the extension of STVP. if there are some changes

gon0411
josef2010 wrote:

From 9th Nov, MOM is no longer give STVP extension over the counter. After queueing, you will meet a staff outside to present the situation, and they often give advice about contacting ex-company to ask for an online extension. If you cannot contact your ex-employer, they will help you.

In case you came to S'pore under SPass or EPass, your ex-employer has "the responsibility to extend the employee's STVP online until he/she could return home." (from what the officer told me when extending over the counter on 9/11). However, if your case is special, the outside staff can let you go inside the office and talk to the another officer. The rest story is yours.

Hope this helps!

josef2010

My situation like this, per MOM ex company only can request STVP extension 1 week before pass expiration. My pass will expire on 15th December. What if my STVP extension result will not come out earlier than 15th of December. Can I go to MOM on the 14th of December to know the status of STVP request of my ex employer?

jchester24
gon0411 wrote:
josef2010 wrote:

From 9th Nov, MOM is no longer give STVP extension over the counter. After queueing, you will meet a staff outside to present the situation, and they often give advice about contacting ex-company to ask for an online extension. If you cannot contact your ex-employer, they will help you.

In case you came to S'pore under SPass or EPass, your ex-employer has "the responsibility to extend the employee's STVP online until he/she could return home." (from what the officer told me when extending over the counter on 9/11). However, if your case is special, the outside staff can let you go inside the office and talk to the another officer. The rest story is yours.

Hope this helps!

Hi Gon

For your case the staff outside in MOM still insist for you to contact your ex employer?

Or you come to the MOM Office on the last day validity of your STVP?

I was wondering if you still go on the MOM on your last day of your STVP they will still insist to contact your Ex Company (which might take few days to get an approval of extension)or they will give you an extension on the spot

gon0411
jchester24 wrote:

Hi Gon

For your case the staff outside in MOM still insist for you to contact your ex employer?

Or you come to the MOM Office on the last day validity of your STVP?

I was wondering if you still go on the MOM on your last day of your STVP they will still insist to contact your Ex Company (which might take few days to get an approval of extension)or they will give you an extension on the spot

I guess this depends on how tough the outside staff is. My case is special because I held a Work Holiday Pass (WHP). I also came to MOM on the last day of STVP. My timeline is:

9/11: The officer gave me a 14-day extension till 23/11
10/11: MOM called my HR consultant (according to the information I gave them on 9/11. I signed a contract with a recruiting company)
12/11: Ex-company agreed to help me extend STVP online
16/11: Ex-company HR cannot submit the form because there was no choice for WHP in MOM's online form.  This work pass is not tied with any companies but MOM officers requested me to contact HR again. After many calls and emails, I still had to deal with MOM myself. Quite cumbersome...
Then I sent email to MOM and got another extension.

josef2010 wrote:

My situation like this, per MOM ex company only can request STVP extension 1 week before pass expiration. My pass will expire on 15th December. What if my STVP extension result will not come out earlier than 15th of December. Can I go to MOM on the 14th of December to know the status of STVP request of my ex employer?

My case is quite similar, but not related to ex-company. I think once you have proof of submitting an extension request, it should be ok.

25/11 and 05/12: I sent an email to request a STVP extension and a follow up one.
01/12, 02/12 and 08/12: I called MOM to follow up on my case (because I didn't get any reply from MOM) and was told to keep waiting.
02/12: STVP expired
08/12: I got another 14-day extension.

I saved emails and recording files of the phone call, as well as the case id of the first phone call for convenience on next time(s) calling.

josef2010

Update:
My EX Company HR applied STVP extension yesterday. I plan to go in MOM on the 14th of December. My STVP last day is on the 15th. I hope I can get an email from my Ex Company regarding my STVP extension so that no need to go to MOM . I need this STVP extension so bad , since my current employer followed up my application in MOM and MOM advise them to request for STVP extension c/o ex employer while they will try to expedite process my application( fingers cross) i hope I can get approve results this time. Too hard this Pandemic / covid 19 situation. All new application I think auto rejected. I hope all will be okay for us since end of the day, all we have is to provide to our family back home. Godbless to all.

jchester24
josef2010 wrote:

Update:
My EX Company HR applied STVP extension yesterday. I plan to go in MOM on the 14th of December. My STVP last day is on the 15th. I hope I can get an email from my Ex Company regarding my STVP extension so that no need to go to MOM . I need this STVP extension so bad , since my current employer followed up my application in MOM and MOM advise them to request for STVP extension c/o ex employer while they will try to expedite process my application( fingers cross) i hope I can get approve results this time. Too hard this Pandemic / covid 19 situation. All new application I think auto rejected. I hope all will be okay for us since end of the day, all we have is to provide to our family back home. Godbless to all.

Have the same feeling all New Pass application are auto rejected at first ( a way to show also that MOM is not easily approving foreigners , still prioritize locals)

Josef, when is your Application Rejected and appealed?

josef2010

Mine:
12/11 - applied
23/11- rejected
23/11 - appeal
Now still waiting results. I've knowned a guy here in construction sector. Got his pass approved 2days before his STVP expires.

gon0411
josef2010 wrote:

Update:

Good luck to you. I was on the same situation so I understand the feeling of the waiting game.

josef2010

Hi guys, received an email today from my Ex company. They managed to extend my STVP from Dec 15 to Dec 20.  This could be the last extension I probably would get. Fingers crossed that my Pass will be approve before STVP ends

josef2010

Hi guys, latest update.  Pass approved today. Don't lose hope guys. Keep praying. Don't lose.hope.

jchester24
josef2010 wrote:

Hi guys, latest update.  Pass approved today. Don't lose hope guys. Keep praying. Don't lose.hope.

Good to know that. Hope to received my good news too 🙂🙂

ppr12
josef2010 wrote:

Congratulations! Did your rejection mention any reason? What did you change in your appeal (increased salary, documents, so on)?

josef2010

Rejection reason: unsuccessful, if applicant in Singapore, you can re appeal for consideration, otherwise need to wait until circuit breaker measures is lifted

Sahil0207

Can you please share the time gap between the appeal date and the result date?

Thanks in Advance!!

Swatii

No I know someone who got like several rejections and then pass approved

payless87

Hello!Is your pass Approved already?

payless87

May I know if your application still Rejected?Or your company appeal for it?

Swatii

No waiting

payless87

Anyone here status is Rejected but company appeal for the application.😭
I’m worried my visa will expire soon.

archel1527

how long you waited for the approval? any reason why it was rejected?

payless87

03/12 Applied for my pass
15/12 Rejected
15/12 Appeal

Swatii

Now got ?

payless87

Still waiting for the result

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles