Registering marriage in Bahrain, is it required?

Hey guys,

Quick question for you as this is something I'm trying to resolve.

Got married around 2 years ago, outside Bahrain. We got our Marriage certificate from abroad.

We both work here, so wife is not under my sponsorship, but the problem was, there is no bahraini embassy in neither of our countries.

So we are back in Bahrain, living together, but now when it's time to think about having a baby, is having our marriage certificate attested by MOFA bahrain required.
They told me to get it stamped first at the Bahraini Embassy of the country of issue, but there are no bahraini embassies there, what's our options?
I'm mainly worried that with a baby on the way, if we decide to have it here, we'll have complications with birth certificate issuance, as the authorities may not accept our marriage certificate?
Or am i over-complicating it?

There might be problems if the marriage certificate is not accepted - due to lack of attestation.

If there is no Bahraini embassy in the country of marriage, you would need to approach the embassy that has jurisdiction over that area - but is based in another country.   

Another way that you can do it is to get the certificate "Apostilled" and then get it attested from MOFA Bahrain.  That will skip the whole Bahrain Embassy process and will get you the MOFA attestation.  Alternatively, you can try approaching the Embassy of your country in Bahrain and get them to attest the certificate.  If they do that, then again, MOFA Bahrain will attest it.

Thanks for the heplful reply, but isn't apostille the same stamp at the localization office, near the MOFA in manama?
If not, I'm confused, where could i get it apostilled to get it legalized afterwards

Don't confuse different things.

The MOFA Manama branch you are referring to will apostille documents which ARE FROM Bahrain for use in other countries - your marriage certificate isn't.   You get apostille done in the country where the marriage certificate was issued from and then ask MOFA to attest it (inside Bahrain) on the basis of that apostille.

Thanks, that's clear so i'll have to do this from country of issue ;)