Menu
Expat.com

New EPass approvals - Sep 2021

Last activity 06 December 2022 by beppi

packetyacht
Shiwanghuai wrote:

Just share that my EP got approved today.

Date of application : 24 Sep. But the employer had queued for ca. 8 weeks before submitted the application of my EP.

Many Congratulations !!
What is meant by CA ? (You have mentioned 'queued for ca' in your post..

beppi
packetyacht wrote:

Abbreviation for "circa", which is Latin for "approximately".

Sikander123

Hi All, Sharing my EP result. Many thanks to forum members, shekz & beppi for the constant info being provided here

EP Applied : April 29 2021
EP Rejected: August 5 2021
EP Appealed: September 6 2021
EP Approved: October 6 2021

Good luck to all who are waiting.

packetyacht
beppi wrote:
packetyacht wrote:

hahhahahahhahahahhahahahhaha
wow,,thats something !

packetyacht
Sikander123 wrote:

Hi All, Sharing my EP result. Many thanks to forum members, shekz & beppi for the constant info being provided here

Wow  !!!! 160 days !
Thats some record and must have tested your patience at an altogether new level !
Congratulations and all the best for your new role, though, bhai !

beppi
packetyacht wrote:
beppi wrote:
packetyacht wrote:

wow,,thats something !

It's common in Europe, but to use it internationally shows the same cultural insensitivity as Indians using "Lakh" or "Crore" there (or, in fact, your "bhai" above).

packetyacht
beppi wrote:
packetyacht wrote:
beppi wrote:

wow,,thats something !

It's common in Europe, but to use it internationally shows the same cultural insensitivity as Indians using "Lakh" or "Crore" there (or, in fact, your "bhai" above).

I was actually surprised by two things in that post..one was that the employer had 'queued' up the application and another was the ca thing..so i thought ca is something related to MoM...hehe

plus bhai means brother..it shouldnt really be counted as culturally insensitive

beppi
packetyacht wrote:

plus bhai means brother..it shouldnt really be counted as culturally insensitive

I know what it means (having lived in Asia for 15 years), but the average non-Asian (or even non-Indian) doesn't.
Using words that others don't understand is insensitive, even if well-intentioned.

Shekhz
Sikander123 wrote:

Congrats! Sikander123. Can’t fathom what anxiety levels must have been, but put it all behind and good luck with your new job.

karencaution

ep applied yesterday (7 oct), salary increase 12% only

fingers crossed, i so want to resign soon !

Shekhz

Karencaution: Tender resignation only post securing an approval to the new EP application, it’s uncertain times.

riddle
riddle wrote:
djma wrote:

Dear, all,

I currently live & work in Vietnam and have got job offer from multinational company for their SG office. They have applied for EP on 25th Aug.

Details -
Application : 25th Aug
Experience : 10+ years
Designation : Regional Sourcing Manager
Salary : 13K+ p.m

Application Status is "Pending" so far & i assume i need to keep patience like mentioned by other forum members. I just wish if they had milestones kind of visibility so that applicants have bit bette idea on how things are progressing during application journey. Neverthess, it is what it is...

I just wonder after how many days/weeks, we could reach out to MOM & how. Do you have any email-id which applicants could use?

Will keep everyone posted if any status change on EP portal or if any revert from MOM or HR...

Congrats bro,

Hope you are still safe and already in SG.

I'm currently living in Vietnam as well and I also got one offer from SG company. They have applied for my EP yesterday( 28/Sept) and today I can see the status is pending so far.

could I know is the first time you are applying the EP? I can see your case getting approval really fast in 9 days.

and one more related to salary pump too, right now my salary is 2k6 SGD in Vietnam, is it impacting to the result? because of I'm seeing ppl are getting rejected due to salary bump. But the Vietnam salary should not be comparing to SG salary right.

my details:
Application : 28th Sept
Experience : 5+ years
Designation : Software engineer
Salary : >7k sgd

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help smile.png.
My application is approved this morning( 11/Oct).

I would like to know what should i do next?
Also anyone in VN will be coming SG next few weeks?

jacketpotato

Happy news! Congrats smile.png mine was applied 23rd and it’s still stuck on “we need inputs……” sad.png but with each passing day we’re just closer to the decision i guess.

jacketpotato
riddle wrote:
riddle wrote:
djma wrote:

Dear, all,

I currently live & work in Vietnam and have got job offer from multinational company for their SG office. They have applied for EP on 25th Aug.

Details -

Application Status is "Pending" so far & i assume i need to keep patience like mentioned by other forum members. I just wish if they had milestones kind of visibility so that applicants have bit bette idea on how things are progressing during application journey. Neverthess, it is what it is...

I just wonder after how many days/weeks, we could reach out to MOM & how. Do you have any email-id which applicants could use?

Will keep everyone posted if any status change on EP portal or if any revert from MOM or HR...

Congrats bro,

I'm currently living in Vietnam as well and I also got one offer from SG company. They have applied for my EP yesterday( 28/Sept) and today I can see the status is pending so far.

could I know is the first time you are applying the EP? I can see your case getting approval really fast in 9 days.

and one more related to salary pump too, right now my salary is 2k6 SGD in Vietnam, is it impacting to the result? because of I'm seeing ppl are getting rejected due to salary bump. But the Vietnam salary should not be comparing to SG salary right.

my details:

Hi guys,

Happy news! Congrats smile.png mine was applied 23rd and it’s still stuck on “we need inputs……” sad.png but with each passing day we’re just closer to the decision i guess.

Shekhz
riddle wrote:
riddle wrote:
djma wrote:

Dear, all,

Details -

Congrats bro,

my details:

Hi guys,

Congratulations!, first of all.

You need to get to SG if you aren’t here already and get your EP issued.

riddle
Shekhz wrote:
riddle wrote:
riddle wrote:

Congrats bro,

my details:

Hi guys,

Congratulations!, first of all.

You need to get to SG if you aren’t here already and get your EP issued.

Thank you!

My employer is applying the entry approve for me, the date should be mid of November.

With the vaccination certificate, this is translated to english already( + on the vietnam mobile app too).
As i know, who are departing from Vietnam still required at Hotel for 7days.

Shekhz

The situation is evolving, constantly that too. Please don’t go with any outdated information and hence request you to refer to the ICA website and the Safe Entry approvals for relevant guidelines and quarantine mandates.

jacketpotato
jacketpotato wrote:

Hi all, just sharing my info as I've been finding this forum useful for Sept 2021 applications..

Job sector: data analytics
Experience: 4.5years
Applying from outside SG (my prospective employer applied for me)
Application date: 22/09/2021
Status update: 23/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 27/09/2021 as 'We need inputs from other agencies...'

Waiting for the next status update / decision hopefully!
Best of luck to us all.

Hiya, just an update - got my approval today.

HR applied 22/09/2021
Pending 23/09/2021
“We need inputs…” 27/09/2021
Approved 13/10/2021

Best of luck everyone! If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be!!

LucasGrey
jacketpotato wrote:
jacketpotato wrote:

Hi all, just sharing my info as I've been finding this forum useful for Sept 2021 applications..

Job sector: data analytics
Experience: 4.5years
Applying from outside SG (my prospective employer applied for me)
Application date: 22/09/2021
Status update: 23/09/2021 as 'Pending'
Status update: 27/09/2021 as 'We need inputs from other agencies...'

Waiting for the next status update / decision hopefully!
Best of luck to us all.

Hiya, just an update - got my approval today.

HR applied 22/09/2021
Pending 23/09/2021
“We need inputs…” 27/09/2021
Approved 13/10/2021

Best of luck everyone! If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be!!

Congratulations man!

riddle
jacketpotato wrote:

wish you all the best bro. Keep calm and this will be approved

karencaution

does anyone know if the "We need input from agencies" status will guarantee to show up? Can it go from pending -> approved? after a week, my application is still pending instead of "We need input from agencies" lol. yeah its only 7 days i know

beppi

Vetting by external agencies is only for selected cases, not all!

Miranz

Hello, I am an international student fresh graduate in Singapore. I am currently waiting for my first EP application approval. The application is in process for 1 month and 1 week now.

However, I observe something unusual about my EP status.

The status went from Pending > Pending Inputs from Vetting Agencies > We need inputs from other agencies. The last status has lasted for a week; however, this morning the status suddenly changed back to 'Pending'.

From what I read from other expats in all forums, I haven't seen anyone mentioned how their status changes back to pending (not sure if I missed it). Therefore, I would like to find out if this case is considered normal.

Personally, there are no other red flags regarding my application - I graduated from a renowned university in Singapore, have decent internship experiences, will be working in a renowned MNC tech company, and am bonded with the Singapore government to work in Singapore for at least 3 years.

Thank you so much and really appreciate your reply!

beppi

Miranz: The status changes back to "Pending" when the external agencies have completed their work and the ball is back at MoM.

rtheone

Hi,
I have been in Sg on EP for past 6 years in a Semiconductor MNC. Got an offer from a smaller overseas company that registered an office in Sg in Feb'21 only. Currently the company has only 3 employees in Sg.

EP applied on: Oct 1
Nationality: Indian
Job Sector : Tech/Semicon Enggr
Total Experience: 14 years
Monthly pay: >8K (16% increase from current)

EPonline shows "Pending" status till now. Fingers crossed. smile.png
Any idea whether newer/smaller companies EP application take more time to process?

Thanks.

Shekhz

Not really, depends on your application strength.

Rich99
Rich99 wrote:

Hi everyone, really learned a lot these days from this forum, and I'd share my experience  below.

EP applied: 16 Sep
EP rejected:  27 Sep
Industry: IT
Reason: Checked with HR but no explanation about the rejection reason, only said that they would submit the appeal letter soon.

I'm guessing that one of the possible reasons is salary hike since the offer is almost 40% more than my current salary, which I was a bit concerned when talked with the HR before, but they told me no worry since they would provide a justification  for MOM at that time.  It's disappointing to see the rejection and no idea why the HR would not share the rejection reason with me, they didn't asked me to provide any documents or do anything. Seems I can do nothing for now but waiting...

one question about the salary that MOM required should include allowance or not? The Basic salary and allowance are separately stated in my offer letter, and HR told me they would submit the number of both basic pay and allowance for EP application.

update my ep appeal status that is approved this morning in ep online, faster than what expected before. Appeal with justification submitted on 7 OCT, approved 18 OCT. Should I ask the new HR for IPA letter first before submit my resignation to my current employer? Thanks everyone for help! Good luck to you

Shekhz

Always get your IPA in hand, sign and submit the applicant copy before you submit your resignation.

Congratulations!

Rich99
Shekhz wrote:

Always get your IPA in hand, sign and submit the applicant copy before you submit your resignation.

Congratulations!

Noted, thanks Shekhz for your advice!

hakunamatata1

Hi rtheone,
Please inform if you got approval. Mine also appealed on same day.

My timeline is :

Request : 10 - Aug 2021
Rejected : 19- Aug -2021  (Reason : HR didn't attached mark list)
Appealed : 20-Aug-2021 ( Attached all education certificates)
Additional documents required : 24-Aug-2021
Submitted addition documents : 01-Oct 2021

Status is still rejected from first time. No update till now. Fingers crossed.

rtheone

@hakunamatata1

Sure, will do.
As of now, its still Pending. 17 days and counting.. neutral.png

bi5500

Sharing my result.

New EP applied : July 22 2021
MOM request education verify : Aug 11 2021
Submitted education verify report : Sept 23 2021
MOM request employer to additional documents : Oct 4 2021
EP Approved: Oct 22 2021

Cuz this is my employer and I first time to apply EP. So many things of processing are confused us. After waiting 3 month and luckily having a good result.
Thanks a lot for this forum.

In my case, I used the dataflow to verify my education degree. After 3 week I saw the degree is verified, but I didn't receive any report, until Sept 23. Totally is 30 working days. I think is that shows on their website "they need 30-35 working days to verify".
And one strange thing is I receive call from MOM on Oct 7. They ask me which my  nation is and fully vaccinated or not. I don't understand why they ask my nation. Is this normal? Had everyone received like call in the processing, too?

Chandra_R
bi5500 wrote:

Sharing my result.

New EP applied : July 22 2021
MOM request education verify : Aug 11 2021
Submitted education verify report : Sept 23 2021
MOM request employer to additional documents : Oct 4 2021
EP Approved: Oct 22 2021

Cuz this is my employer and I first time to apply EP. So many things of processing are confused us. After waiting 3 month and luckily having a good result.
Thanks a lot for this forum.

In my case, I used the dataflow to verify my education degree. After 3 week I saw the degree is verified, but I didn't receive any report, until Sept 23. Totally is 30 working days. I think is that shows on their website "they need 30-35 working days to verify".
And one strange thing is I receive call from MOM on Oct 7. They ask me which my  nation is and fully vaccinated or not. I don't understand why they ask my nation. Is this normal? Had everyone received like call in the processing, too?

Congratulations bi5500. What is the duration EP is approved for

hakunamatata1
rtheone wrote:

@hakunamatata1

Sure, will do.
As of now, its still Pending. 17 days and counting.. neutral.png

Hi rtheone,

Any updates on your application.

rtheone

@hakunamatata1

Nope. 24 days and still pending.  neutral.png
Even status didn't change to anything else inbetween.

@all
I am in the process of possibly getting another offer from another company Y now. If in case I accept it and the new company Y applies Ep, will the application be accepted, or be blocked by MoM system?

I have indeed gone thru multiple threads in this and another forum and I am getting mixed messages. Some say it wont be blocked while in pending stage(meaning only if I get IPA from one company, the second application would be blocked until EP issuance) while some others in other threads say that even while an application is in pending stage, second won't be allowed to apply into the system.
Can anyone give me clearer insight into this? Any recent experience?

hakunamatata1

Hi rtheone,

My HR informed that MOM contacted last week to get one additional financial document from company.
Hopefully waiting for the result. I think application under review and verification.
Because after submitting all additional two weeks ago they still contacted for another one.

rtheone

@ hakunamatata1

Update: I spoke to the HR and seems MoM had come back asking for more company details and they have submitted it today(10/25). So fingers crossed, yet again..

hakunamatata1

@rtheone

Yes. We are in same boat 😊

rtheone
rtheone wrote:

@hakunamatata1

Nope. 24 days and still pending.  neutral.png
Even status didn't change to anything else inbetween.

@all
I am in the process of possibly getting another offer from another company Y now. If in case I accept it and the new company Y applies Ep, will the application be accepted, or be blocked by MoM system?

I have indeed gone thru multiple threads in this and another forum and I am getting mixed messages. Some say it wont be blocked while in pending stage(meaning only if I get IPA from one company, the second application would be blocked until EP issuance) while some others in other threads say that even while an application is in pending stage, second won't be allowed to apply into the system.
Can anyone give me clearer insight into this? Any recent experience?

Does anyone have a reply to this?

beppi
rtheone wrote:

Does anyone have a reply to this?

I thought we have mentioned this so many times that replying the same again is not necessary. But for those too lazy (or incapable) of searching for an answer by themselves:
You can only have ONE ongoing work pass application at any one time. "Ongoing" starts with submission of the application by the prospective employer and ends with either final rejection by MoM, withdrawal by the employer or issuance of the work pass  (not the IPA).

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles