Menu
Expat.com

New EPass approvals - Sep 2021

Last activity 06 December 2022 by beppi

Raj R

Hello,

I am in the process of initiating my move to SGP. Can someone please advice on the expected new epass processing timelines ?

Total exp > 16 years
Salary > 20k pm
Designation: Director
Nationality : Dutch

TIA

beppi
Raj R wrote:

Can someone please advice on the expected new epass processing timelines ?

Between two weeks and three months in most cases. There is no way to influence the duration of your process.

JonSnow777

Hi I have a query on my EP approval.

I just got placed in a company with hike about 30%. My current pay is 5000 sgd and my new salary is 6500. What is the possibility that my EP being approved. Any cases where EP is approved with 30% increase in salary. My experience is 5 and half years and 2years in singapore.

djma

Dear, all,

I currently live & work in Vietnam and have got job offer from multinational company for their SG office. They have applied for EP on 25th Aug.

Details -
Application : 25th Aug
Experience : 10+ years
Designation : Regional Sourcing Manager
Salary : 13K+ p.m

Application Status is "Pending" so far & i assume i need to keep patience like mentioned by other forum members. I just wish if they had milestones kind of visibility so that applicants have bit bette idea on how things are progressing during application journey. Neverthess, it is what it is...

I just wonder after how many days/weeks, we could reach out to MOM & how. Do you have any email-id which applicants could use?

Will keep everyone posted if any status change on EP portal or if any revert from MOM or HR...

Indrajith Ramaraj

Got offer through an agent in Singapore. Applied EP from India.

Sector : service (hospitality)

Here by I'm sharing my timeline...

Fresh EP applied on : June 10
Rejected on : June 20 (MoM asked for additional documents from company side)
Appealed on : May 6th with documents requested
Appeal is still pending...

djma

Good Luck Indrajit. Did you find any way to send reminder to MOM to consider & speed up the process?

Indrajith Ramaraj

Not yet djma, As India was under high risk countries list. So this might be the reason for delay.

beppi

Djma: Only your employer can, after 8 weeks or longer, contact MoM to ask for the status. If they have business reasons to need you soon, they can then, with explaining those reasons, also ask for an expedited process. Whether that achieves anything, however, is up to MoM and not guaranteed.

djma

Thanks beppi. Now, I can imagine fortress patience of others as it's really annoying to go & get same status 10 times a day.

Least they can do is promising auto-email trigger with any status change, so that people stop checking. Second is data analytics - While MOM doesn't disclose much info. on things like Success rate, Rejection Reasons etc etc.. something can still be arranged in context of applications/data available on this forum & stored in form of excel. Something which you & shehkz can think of! Your fan-followers would really appreciate it 😊

beppi

Djma: You are certainly right from a job-seeker viewpoint. But MoM's main duty is benefiting Singapore, its society and economy - not the job-seekers. Also, there are so many people desperate to come to Singapore that any loophole, however small, would be immediately exploited once known. They thus prefer to keep known information to a minimum and their options wide open.
Even if we, the volunteers of this site, had time and motivation to make such statistics as you suggested, it would only be a snapshot (of a moving target) and include a statistically irrelevant sample of cases - only those that happen to post on this forum.

P.S.: I believe the employer (who is the EP applicant) does get an email for any status change.

djma

Agree Beppi, it's just that MOM is also charging employers to strucify and allow right people who could work & contribute towards SG economy. Nevertheless, they have right to decide the process & information to share. Can't influence it...

Will check with employer after few days, if they received anything from them. Fingers crossed 🤞

djma

Hi all,

EP got approved today. Was kind of worried & scared after reading blogs & articles over internet on EP scrutiny and took deep breath of relief after receiving it.

In my case, it took 9 working days and 13 days incl. weekends.

My best wishes to everyone who have applied & waiting for it. Please be positive & reach out if you need any more information or support.

Beppi & Shekhz - You guys are doing amazing work of responding/supporting everyone when they need it the most. Thanks..

beppi

Djma: Congratulations for the very quick approval - and thanks for your kind words!

H?veyChan
djma wrote:

Dear, all,

I currently live & work in Vietnam and have got job offer from multinational company for their SG office. They have applied for EP on 25th Aug.

Details -
Application : 25th Aug
Experience : 10+ years
Designation : Regional Sourcing Manager
Salary : 13K+ p.m

Application Status is "Pending" so far & i assume i need to keep patience like mentioned by other forum members. I just wish if they had milestones kind of visibility so that applicants have bit bette idea on how things are progressing during application journey. Neverthess, it is what it is...

I just wonder after how many days/weeks, we could reach out to MOM & how. Do you have any email-id which applicants could use?

Will keep everyone posted if any status change on EP portal or if any revert from MOM or HR...

Hi djma,

May I know how do you check the status? Is it feedback from your HR !?

Thank you

djma

Hello mate. In my case, i tried so many times with passport number for first 3 days but it always showed "Record not found". HR was also not responding/sharing FIN or application further leading to frustation/anxiety. Suddently search through passport number started working on 4th day.

From this, i assume it takes 4-5 days for MOM to upload record on EP portal. Hope this helps!

H?veyChan

Thanks for sharing djma

GuestPoster66

Check in SAT tool .. what is your DOB?

Shekhz
djma wrote:

Hi all,

EP got approved today. Was kind of worried & scared after reading blogs & articles over internet on EP scrutiny and took deep breath of relief after receiving it.

In my case, it took 9 working days and 13 days incl. weekends.

My best wishes to everyone who have applied & waiting for it. Please be positive & reach out if you need any more information or support.

Beppi & Shekhz - You guys are doing amazing work of responding/supporting everyone when they need it the most. Thanks..

Congratulations! Mate, super cool news.

I’m a newbie, Beppi diligently has been doing the great work over the years on various forums. Glad to be of help.

djma

Thanks Shekhz...and hope to cross you soon somewhere in SG 👍👍

LucasGrey

I'm currently on that boat, HR said they applied last week, I've asked for FIN number they have yet to reply my email. And when I check on EP online it says no record. Being anxious and frustrated is very real right now haha really need to play the patient game.

djma

LucasGrey - Don't worry mate! I went through same thing. It take time of 4-5 working days & record will start appearing by itself...

Shekhz
LucasGrey wrote:

I'm currently on that boat, HR said they applied last week, I've asked for FIN number they have yet to reply my email. And when I check on EP online it says no record. Being anxious and frustrated is very real right now haha really need to play the patient game.

Use the passport number/ travel document to search on EPOnline, not FIN

LucasGrey

Hi shekhz,

I did use my passport, using the 2nd row where you put your password and DOB right, although in the querier, it asked for FIN number or NIRC number, since I didn’t have any of them I put my passport number and my name. Does it affect the output in anyway?

magen1903

Hi I'm  waiting 4 month to enter permit  still rejected

Shekhz
LucasGrey wrote:

Hi shekhz,

I did use my passport, using the 2nd row where you put your password and DOB right, although in the querier, it asked for FIN number or NIRC number, since I didn’t have any of them I put my passport number and my name. Does it affect the output in anyway?

You have to use one option, not both.

Select travel document/ input your passport number and your DOB, you should be able to see the status.

LucasGrey
Shekhz wrote:
LucasGrey wrote:

Hi shekhz,

You have to use one option, not both.

Select travel document/ input your passport number and your DOB, you should be able to see the status.

I understand that, but in the  Requestor's Particulars it asked for FIN number

magen1903

I'm  malayasia my enter permit still rejected now  please help me

H?veyChan

Just use your passport number in that field wink.png

LucasGrey

I see, still having no records though… hopefully it’ll change in the coming days. HR did say results within 2-3 weeks but we never know with MOM ahahah wish me luckk

LucasGrey
magen1903 wrote:

I'm  malayasia my enter permit still rejected now  please help me

Mate ask MOM, we're all here are non-MOM people, we just help based on experience. And we don't know your situation, maybe you can elaborate further?

LucasGrey

HR just replied says MOM won’t issue a FIN number for first timers now until it’s approved. TIL

beppi

It’s called application reference number (or similar) and becomes your FIN once approved!

Nole123

Hi,

Shared my ep application recently,

Industry: Tech
Submitted: 23 Aug
Status changed to “we need other agencies…. “: 25 Aug
Approved: 10 Sep

This is my third EP apply for last 4 four years with 40% salary hike.

Hopefully all ep applicants. Thanks.

H?veyChan

Hi,

Just share my ep application recently,

New application
Industry: manufacturing
Submitted: 1 Sep
HR just informed that it’s approved today. Only 9 days - it’s a surprise to me 😇

LucasGrey
H?veyChan wrote:

Hi,

Just share my ep application recently,

New application
Industry: manufacturing
Submitted: 1 Sep
HR just informed that it’s approved today. Only 9 days - it’s a surprise to me 😇

Congratulations! I'm still waiting for mine, first timers as well

Roger Jay

I also want to share that my EP got approved today. I was worried and anxious too from all that Ive read online.

Date of application : 3 Sept
Industry: non-profit
percent increase from last job - ~10% (slightly above the threshold for my age, #of working experience and other input parameters from the self assessment test
number of years working in SG: 2 years
Got my masters in SG
Company advertised the position in jobs board even if it didnt have to because it is a small company (exempt). They use an agency. Preparing the application though took almost 2 weeks before it got finally submitted to MOM.

JonSnow777

Hi I just want to update on my case. My Epass got approved today after 5 workong days. In my case there was a increase in 30% from my previous salary and I was very worried if it will be approved or not. So just to update so that many people who were worried like me can still relax and wait for the positive outcome .

Ep applied date : Sep3rd 2021

Ep approved : Sep10th 2021

Cheers!!

bi5500

hi

I'm living in Taiwan. Cuz the company which I'm working for stands new office in SG.
So I get the job offer to go to there to be the manager and build the company culture.

I applied EP on 22th July.
And on 11th Aug, I had been asked to verify education degree.
So I used the Dataflow to verifiy.
Last week, the Dataflow website status shown my education verified was completed.
But it is showing working on my case, and I still not getting my verified report yet today.

How long does the final report can be received after verified completed?
Does anyone have similar experience or something advices?
Thanks.

Shekhz

There are multiple threads on use of agencies and how this works, sure you haven’t spent time reading the wealth of info that’s relevant to you.

I urge you to review the threads, please.

Agency verification reports are sent to MoM directly, in most cases unless you are asked to get the verification done. If you get it done and share the outcome, your application goes through the normal review again and you must be patient. After 4-6 weeks you can do a follow-up with MoM via your application submitter.

LucasGrey

Update :

After a week my status is now available to check in EP Online, yesterday was pending, now it shows

"We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

Hopefully it'll won't take 4 weeks

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles