Menu
Expat.com

9 weeks since EP appeal but no updates yet :(

Last activity 21 March 2022 by Richard T14

Shekhz
liannajac wrote:

Ep renewal here, pass expiry in April 10. Applied March 1. Rejected after 1 week with reason that need to reupload degree certificate and 1st appeal pending for a week now. Even renewals in same company seem to be hard nowadays. 😔

If your pass is expiring on April 10th, your employer should have applied for renewal least 2-3 months ago- which MoM encourages. Renewals are the same as a new application now, because there is additional scrutiny of the applicant and company- it’s been the norm over the past few months.

liannajac

Yes that’s true and HR manager admitted they were at fault. One of her staffs is newly hired and put something new in the education part even though there were no changes in my education. MOM asked for more information on that part (asked to re-upload the degree cert, transcripts etc. They already asked for me to fill up the forms MOM gave months ago in the renewal notice so my direct manager thought HR was already processing it. Apparently they didn’t submit early. In the end all they could do is try to follow up with MOM on the appeal and correct the mistake.

Richard T14

Running 9 weeks.... applied 14 jan... still pending... my agency say mom needs advise from minlaw due to my bankruptcy. Anyone got the same issue

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles