binnnn

Malaysian
Finance Sector
Applied in SG

Pavvalo

What you mean applied in Sg?

Guest7392

Hi everyone,
I kinda worry since my application take about 2 months and it still pending. I know that maybe some members here are in same sistuation as me, I want to share my status so you know you not alone  big_smile.png . Let wait together and wish for the best.

Here some information of my application:
19/01/2022 -> Submitted EP application to MOM
14/02/2022 -> application be bounced back, MOM requested for several additional documents: company finanical statements, list of current employees, IRAS, education background verification from 3rd party...
21/02/2022 -> submitted all additional documents (my education certificate be verified by RMI)
08/03/2022 -> MOM requested for final report from RMI for my bachelor degree, the requested document be submitted the same day
17/03/2022 -> latest status: Pending

And here some of my background infor:
Vietnamese
Industry: IT
5+ year experience
~7k month

Pavvalo

EP
Applied on 9th march
Still pending till today. Praying hard
Approved:18th march

Good luck guys

binnnn

Mine still pending…

Unknown2022

EP application submitted: 7th March

Praying hard

Aloha93

This forum is so helpful! Adding my journey to this bunch smile.png

EP application submitted: 16 March
Application status, 18 March: Pending (obviously)
Awaiting approval 🤞🤞🤞

Other info:
Current EP holder at a startup; living in Singapore. Accepted an offer from another startup.
Current industry: Tech (Fintech)
Offer company industry: Tech (Software)
Function: Marketing

binnnn

EP application submitted: 07 March
Application status, 21 March: Approved

Pavvalo

Haha. Finally. Congratulations

Unknown2022

EP application submitted: 7th March

Checked at 8:45AM today

Guest1511

What was the salary hike % ?

Richard T14

Finally after 9 weeks... applied 14 jan 2022 approve 21 Mar 2022... no rejection just plain pending.... thanks to this forum.. ill share my journey on the pass approval and my scenario so it could help the rest...

Peer9

Applied: 11 march
Approved: 22 march 8:55 AM
FINANCIAL services, 11 years exp

Chefwin

Congratulations...
My wp was rejected apparently according to my employer so he has appealed again..so let's see what will happen..

hellojojo

Thankyou ;')))

Aqua Wilson

EP applied: 15/03/2022
EP status Pending at 23/03/2022

Waiting ...

guest3012

Employment Pass

Application:- 9th Mar
Approved:- 23rd Mar

All the best for everyone who are waiting smile.png

Floppy.96

Hi guys,
Im kinda worried and confused
As far as I am concerned my employer applied for EP pass around end of December (that’s what they told me), mid-January she received a message from MoM portal saying that they haven’t processed my application for some mistake on my verification certificate (a typo) already fixed and submitted on that month.

But now I realized that I can check my EP status online without the need of asking my employer’s agent. So I checked and something that confused me it’s that my EP application date was: “Feb 15th”.

Could it mean the latest appeal date? It’s confusing as my agent told me it’s been submitted in dec and processing in January.

Aqua Wilson
Aqua Wilson wrote:

EP applied: 15/03/2022
EP status Pending at 23/03/2022

Waiting ...

Status now is Approved.
Checked at 24 Mar 2022 09:03 AM.

Applied on 15/03/2022 Approved on 24/03/2022.

Good luck everyone still waiting!

wagabond911
Richard T14 wrote:

Finally after 9 weeks... applied 14 jan 2022 approve 21 Mar 2022... no rejection just plain pending.... thanks to this forum.. ill share my journey on the pass approval and my scenario so it could help the rest...

Hi Richard,

Congrats on the approval  -will be good if you can share your story if you feel that will be helpful for other members on the forum. Thanks

beppi

Floppy.96: It means that your EP was applied for on that day. You are not the first one to be deceived by an unscrupulous "agent". In future, better deal with the employer directly - there is no need for any agent, and even the good ones hardly add any value!

Floppy.96

I see. I was wondering why my EP is taking so long! Now I get it. Unluckily it’s my employer’s agent who is taking care of it.

phoebeeee
William7900 wrote:

Hi guys, quick question to see whether anyone has some knowledge regarding my case:

26/01/2022 : Applied
27/01/2022 : Pending
28/01/2022 : We need inputs from other agencies..
12/02/2022 : Pending

Just wondering what does this indicate, as most applicants here in the forum typically receive an outcome after the "inputs from other agencies" stage.

Thanks!

Hi!! I have the similar change of status with you. quite troublesome.... Do you receive your ep??

ggdk

Hey guys,

Could you please give me your input on my EP application as a researcher/principal investigator?

22/02/22 - Applied;
09/03/22 - MoM requested another copy of my passport, as the one provided was of low resolution and the photo was unclear;
09/03/22 - New passport copy provided;
24/03/22 - Pending

Thanks! smile.png

jaumemonher

Hello,
Quick question In case that somebody had the same experience.
I just signed my contract , and now My company HR are telling me that we have to wait 28 days before applying for the visa as my salary is higher  than what they published on the government website. So they have put the offer again with the new salary.
So my question is, if they publish again the job offer in the government website but my contract it’s sign before it. How MOM is going to accept it?
I hope that makes any sense,
Thank you in advance

beppi

Jaumemonher: They cannot offer the job to a foreigner before the compulsory jobs bank posting is over. Thus your current contract is invalid and you’d have to agree on a new one in a month - IF they do not find a suitable local candidate (which would have to be hired first, by law).

jaumemonher

Thank you for your answer.
Let me explain a little bit better.
The job was published in November 2021, then I went trough all the interview steps + salary negotiation and finally got my contract signed 13 of February 2022, then HR told me since there was and increase on the salary they have to publish again the job offer and wait 28 days until they could apply for my EP.
To me it doesn’t make much sense 🤷🏻‍♂️.

EP application date : 15th of March, still pending as for today.
salary: 8300$ + commission
Job: tennis coach

Thank you very much again for your help

beppi

Jaumemonher: That is exactly what I assumed when I wrote the reply above. It is correct and valid.
Thus do not make any preparations for a move to Singapore yet - unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure that  no suitable local candidate would apply in those 28 days!

Floppy.96

Hi,

any colour to this?

EP rejected - due to hike in salary

My company is transferring from overseas, I used to earn half of what I am being offered to earn in Singapore.

We have submitted an appeal by yesterday. Do u think it will affect the approval of my application?

beppi
Floppy.96 wrote:

We have submitted an appeal by yesterday. Do u think it will affect the approval of my application?

Did your company, in the appeal, address the rejection reason, e.g. lower the too high salary or submit a convincing explanation why you are worth much more to them than the market standard?
This decides whether the appeal has any chance.

Sgd2022

Hey Guys,

Below is is my situation.

Applied: 14th Jan

Rejected: 21st Jan (Need justification for higher salary and company financial statements)

Appeal1: provided all documents on 10th Feb due to unseen delays from HR

Status was still rejected in the ep online ( i think this is okay right ???)

10th March: MoM asked for educational Background verification  signed up for RMI verification process on the same day.

30th March: RMI says accredition check is done, education verification is in progress.

Hoping to get the final rmi report soon and awaiting approval.

Would like to hear if you faced same situaton and got it approved.. some motivation is highly needed for me now smile.png

All your inputs are highly appreciated  thank you

My Background: 

Indian

6+ years exp

Working with a startup in india outsourced to a major priviate software company in SG

swatkat
First time EP applied - 29th Mar 22
Previously on SP
Status as of 7th April - Pending
How long will it take as my current pass is also about to expire by july. 
I will have to apply for extension also soon but cannot as my one application is in process
beppi
Swatkat: As we wrote numerous times before, an EP application can take between two weeks and two months in most cases, but special circumstances can differ from this.
If you need to renew your current work pass during that time, you'd have to cancel the EP application, renew your current pass, and then start another EP application from scratch.
swatkat

@beppi thank you beppi.. hmmm i guess will wait and see for 2 weeks then if no response will request my current employer to withdraw EP1f611.svg

networkguy
First time EP application

Industry: IT
Relevant Experience: 7 yrs
Salary: 7K++
Applied: 05/04/2022
Pending: 07/04/2022

Checked today and as expected it’s still Pending, I’m just excited and hopeful that it gets approved quickly without asking for additional documents from me or from my employer 🙏

If your University appears on the MoM SAT for EP application, does that imply it’s accredited and recognized by MoM and so there will only be little chances of requiring a third party agency to validate my degree?

Really thankful to this thread! Good luck to everyone who’s waiting for their passes to get approved! smile.png
beppi
Networkguy: The "vetting" (verification of documents) process is to separate fakes from real ones. Why do you think that is affected by the school being listed?
networkguy

@beppi 

Found something from MoM website:

Diploma and above qualifications from:
Institutions not found in the application form’s drop-down list    

Additional documents required:
Verification proof from a global verification agency

beppi
Networkguy: That means verification id mandatory for institutions not on MoM's list. For others it is optional and will be done if there are doubts - and on a random spot-check basis.
networkguy
@beppi

Thanks for your thoughts! Hoping for the best!
Joe Singapore
This forum is so helpful! Adding my case to this topic:)
EP application submitted: 12th April
Application status: Today(18th April ) Pending

Awaiting approval 🤞🤞🤞

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles