He says he is poor but loves me. Advice please.

Hello. I am new to this. I really would like your opinion. I am a widowed 31yr old female living in Canada. On chatsfriend, aprox 6 months ago, a.25 yr.old Egyptian man messaged me. Since then, we have chatted.much on Whatsapp. We have never met in person. He wants.me to go to Egypt and marry him. He.lives in Port.Said and is a.taxi driver. He says he is poor but loves me. Advice please.

Run to him - but miss Egypt or you'll get scammed out of everything he can get out of you - and he'll get free bonus sex whilst he's ripping you off.
How can he be in love (A chemical reaction - Look up the neuroscience) if he hasn't met you so the chemical triggers aren't there?
I suppose he could be infatuated, but that's unlikely to last past the end of your bank account

Thank you for your opinion. I agree with you. I was just "double checking".

I agree with Fred's comments.

More than likely he is just looking for a way out of Egypt.

Don't do it!
I moved from UK to Egypt and I hear horror stories all the time.
My advice.....join a gym. You'll look great,  feel great and probably meet someone x
Good luck xx

Deep inside I was thinking the same. I can double my work out at the gym. Lol. Thank you for your advice. But he was so charming lol!

It's not about not feeling pretty or being fat that would make you go out with an Egyptian. Yes, from the description, it may look like money or quick way to get a ticket out. Be careful.
   If you are wise, no man can scam you out of your money. It depends on what you want out of a relationship.
  My advice is be careful and be wise.
I'm a Christian, a widow. I don't feel ugly or lonely. But I am getting what I want. I control my emotions and the extent of the relationship.
Learn how to be comfortable in your own skin, your own space and with your own company before you bring in another man.
  If he is good, keep him. If he is bad, show him the way out.
You have your standard and know exactly how you want to be treated.
It doesn't matter where the person comes from. If he falls below your standards, drop him.
  It's God who brings love. It's not magic or looks. A man must love you for who you are. USE YOUR BRAINS. YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN YOUR LIFE. GOD IS NUMBER 1.

Vetters,
If you can private message me I can give you my experience with that situation I also loved man from Port Said

Please don't believe him. That's one way Egyptian men  get out of country or scams you poor.

Thanks Ladies for the great advice, from Egyptian I wouldn't say more. than that, but yet I have a great story, about an American woman I liked, we met in gulf where I worked before, we hanged out couple of times, I really liked her and felt something good and it was like we are completing each other in  way, when I told her that I wanted to be a date, she said she doesn't wanna rush, and I caught "there are many men her to hang with and unlike in US, who would take it seriously", and she pushed me a way.
now she was fiscally scammed by couple of handsome Arab guys young and charming, fishing around, that exactly what happens to most of you , so please be careful as you are still women and have feelings could be effected by what's not obvious, unlike for poor Egyptians who wants to run a way.

Ok. Thank you.

As an Egyptian man , I do not really advise .

I'am pharmacist from Morocco and I'm searching for some body to help me to out of my country

Hi,

I hope well.  I am Canadian and living in Ontario too.
I read what you wrote and have met many many many women that have dealt with the same situation.
RUN!
He will drain your bank account try and leave you heard broken.
Once he gets his papers he will drop you like a hot potato.
Don't be that crazy!
Stop playing Unicef with your heart.

This is an age old game.
Don't be tricked and scammed out of your future.

There are NO shortages of men in our province and country. 
No need to adopt a parasite from over seas.

Please stop and use your common sense.

Also if the picture you posted is actually you .... there are loads of single men in your age group in Toronto.  Going a dating site or a meet up group.  If you are interested in exotic men the greater Toronto area is full of them so you don't have to travel outside of the province to find them.  Men are always super nice when they are desperate lol.

Best wishes.

You never know maybe it is the same man ; )!

I prefer to be with poor girl having true feelings for me over being with a wealthy fake feeling girl !!
That's based on my ability to discover the true feelings ... Somehow an eye contact reveals every thing !
I advice you to make sure that you are not going to push away some one who really loved you. Because real people are rare on earth planet. Take your time and test his personality . It depends on your intelegence .

:top: you're right

Re the poor girls with feelings vs a rich woman with none.

Unless you are a mind reader you wont know until you get to know the person  and their true intentions.

Too many people reading Fairy Tales... lol.

I use to say cute things like that too, until I got married, had a child and realized how expensive life is.

If you are okay with being poor go live in Egypt with your poor man.  Something tells me that is not really what situation he was hopping for.

If you are not willing to be poor then don't put the burden on the tax payers of Ontario to deal with another social burden.

:top: you're right

If you are a pharmacist in Morocco just apply for land immigrant status in places like Canada.
I know many doctors, Engineers, teachers and other professional that got immigration status by just applying.  If you have a education and professional credentials you really do stand a chance.

If it people that have no education and that don't speak the language that have a hard time.

You don't need a lawyer or anyone to file out the application.
It is straight forward for someone with an education.
Just follow the instructions.

I think you have to run

Thank you for the precious information . I'am pharmacist director of a company, I do speak, English, French, Russian and Arabic as well. And Olson I have a master in biology

Omg, you have gone through a horrible experience "urbanshopping101" . I really feel sorry for you . I agree with there is lot of hunters here . But I supposed his start to mention his poverty referred his honesty or his low skill level as a scam so in both cases he is not that much dangerous threats.
Let me jump to the hot part of your speech about the " social burden" I think as human beings we have got to support each other just like what Arabs did earlier to Europeans . Plus poor man dose not mean " burden" if he can work and participate making  the national Income there !!!

No problem.  Don't down play your education and language skills.
These things are what would make you a desirable immigrant.
Even if your qualifications are not going to allow you to get the same type of job right away due to your other skills you will be able to be better able to find work to start off.
Countries are looking for immigrants that contribute to their progress.

1. This has not happened to me as I am a lot more guarded with who I associate with in day to day life and this skill has gotten better with age.

2.  The burden comment comes from my observations see time and time again these "poor" men or women latching on to people from other countries, then once they get their papers dumping them.  If you sponsor someone you are responsible for that person for 5 years.  So what happens if this person decided to leave her the government will send her the bill for his welfare.  I have seen this scam for my own ides.  I am a business person and at the end of the day is it very expensive to import a bride or groom and the odds are it will not work out.  If she want to run that risk with someone that could significant contribute to Canadian society I guess we could say she risked her our financial security, happiness and pride for the greater good, but unless there are other reasons why the country should want this person here then the government is going to delay they acceptance for sponsoring him once they are married for as long as possible because once he gets here he becomes our problem.

I live in a country that is pretty charitable and I would rather our efforts be directed to helping refugees escape genocide, wars and political persecution then to be fueling these boarder line long term prostitution situation.  If you are selling your are temporary lending out your affection for economic advancement is very similar to emotional and physical prostitution.  Why should be people be rewarded for bad behaviour.

I have seen too much to play stupid. 

Also people need to get real the Embassies are not stupid they have seen it all and if they feel it is a scam they are going to have fun dragging out the process hoping the person from their country will come to their sense.

If someone cares about helping the poor or less fortunate people they can donate money to charity or volunteer their time to helping out a charity.  You don't have to encourage people to resort to basically selling their affection to get a better life.  There is something fundamentally wrong with this.

Also back to a reality check .... if you are from a developing country and come to a developed country and you are poor how are you a going to support yourself?  It is not that easy to find a job and in many cases rent is high.  My city is a great example.  People born and raised here that have work are struggling to find affordable places to live.  How is the new immigrant who is poor going to be able to just walk in and be okay?  It is not easy.  Why select someone that is in no real danger that has less chance of being successful?  This embassy is thinking along these lines too.  There is a difference between randomly encountering someone vs seeking them out.  The person as she describes it appears to be seeking her out.  The embassy is going to call this out as well.  I have been through the process and know what they are looking for.

I agree with you every word . Thanks for enriching my knowledge about immigrants programs .since she gotta sponsor the guy for all this years then The risk is really big .

Exactly.  Marriage even to someone in your own country is hard.  In some countries I can say for certain in Canada if you marry someone even locally getting divorced can really ruin you financially.  If you sponsor a foreign spouse and you get divorced it is even worse!  He can literally get in to the country and not even meet you at the airport and go off on his own and claim welfare and she will be footing the bill for him without even seeing him for 5 years.  It is going to cost her loads to get lawyers and the chances of him getting kicked out for marriage fraud is very low.  And she will be stuck beimg unable to legally marry for many years!

Getting divorced in Canada takes more than year even if both people agree.  Getting married to more then one person is illegal and a criminal offence.

Even getting married to someone in Canada is very high risk.  For example the person man or women who makes more money may get stuff for the rest of their life paying the person who makes less money a certain amount if their income unless they get re-marries.  If the person with less or even if they make the same money take the kids then the payment is even way higher until each child is 18.  Not a lot if people want to be married to someone who has to still be paying to support their previous family.

Everything usually gets slip in 1/2 income and debt.  So you are going to get divorced and to be mean the other person decides to going on s huge spending spree you are likely going to get stick with half the bill.

If I knew all this before I got married I would never got married without a prenuptial agreement.

So again the original poster if you go forward with this situation despite all these warning msy god help you.  It won't be long before he starts asking you for help to pay the internet bill so he can afford to continue talking to you.

Just so everyone knows. I never gave any money and did not take it terribly serious. I am not a stupid woman. I guess I was asking if it was common for that type of deceit. Apparently it is common. Thank you to all for the advice.

hi vetters,
i want ask you about the man from Egypt what do you doing with him
going to Egypt or no
please tell me