Expat.com

PR October 2022

Last activity 05 October 2024 by cmanjali2002

Unknown2022

Hello all,

please assess my PR chances:

Profile - Single, Male, Indian

Age - 26

Education - Advance diploma and Bachelors In Information technology (Both from Singapore)

Material status - Single

Duration in Singapore - 5 years

Salary - $65K per year (excluding bonus)

Current Visa: S Pass

Industry: Cyber Security

Company: Big 4

Newbiey

@Unknown2022

chance is low. due to race and salary..

SkyCharm

@Unknown2022

you did bachelors here right? Usually those who do 3-4 year degrees here get it Ive heard.

I have an indian friend with PhD in his 30s and slightly higher base salary to yours who got PR.

so my take is your chances are HIGH

Shekhz

@Unknown2022

Question- Have you read through the posts in the forum on PR specifically?

Secondly, how are you contributing to the SG economy?

Or, is there anything transformational you are doing that locals don’t?

What about social integration?

I ask because - being 26 years old, having a local degree or earning a decent salary are not the only criteria for securing a PR.

Shekhz

@SkyCharm

Studying in SG and getting a degree is a merit, not the only decisive factor that gets you a PR.

Salary, Social Integration, Skill set, Race/ Ethincity (since quotas apply)- Question to ask yourself, how are you different from the 1000+ other applicants?

SkyCharm

@Shekhz Just shared something I have so frequently heard and seen.

The PR approvals I have heard here as of late are those who have studied for 3 years+ (poly, bachelors or PhD) in SG. 

I believe studying here for 3 years+ and subsequently working does prove ones commitment to remain here.

SkyCharm

@SkyCharm

I had a friend who worked in a uni, and he used to tell me all the local PhDs who applied got PR, even though the salaries weren't that much.

This is a general case too I think, even in other countries for local research degrees and sometimes even fro foreign ones.

Shekhz

@SkyCharm Yes, sure helps/ adds merit

SkyCharm

@Shekhz As I've seen it not just helps but a/the core factor. Makes sense too because PhDs are scholars and Bachelors degree holders have got tuition fee grants for multiple years.

Unknown2022

Hello everyone,

PR application update

Applied on 23rd December 2023

24th April 2023 (today) - the upload of documents button has been disappeared.

It's been only 4 months

Can anyone tell what it means?

Affordable Kids

Did the Ica ask you for any additional documents?

Unknown2022

@Affordable Kids nope

GVSR2011

For all the cases i have heard so far and also by considering your profile, i think your application is rejected. Please try once you have family. I have seen applications are rejected with outcome processing time = 4 months. Please do let us know the outcome. Thank you.

surya2k

If you have login access to SingPass then you can see your status there (either pending, approved or rejected). If you have any query then you can mail to ica_pr@ica.gov.sg (indicate your PR application number as ref.)

Good luck!

Unknown2022

@surya2k it's still pending.

One of my friend has got his PR approved in 4 months (yesterday).

surya2k

Good to hear. Wishing you all the best.

Ann1990

@Unknown2022 can you share friend's profile? so that it is benefit for us

cmanjali2002

@Unknown2022 could you please share your PR outcome

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles