Menu
Expat.com

S Pass Rejected with No Reasons

Last activity 07 October 2022 by beppi

ibjs0101

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience applying for S Pass. So I got a job offer from a company (1-50 employees) and the person in charge said he would apply the SPass for me. But in the span of 3 business days, he got back to me and said the application has been rejected with no reasons and there is no chance to appeal.

I did the self assessment S Pass test before, and it said I qualified for S pass.

Can anyone please let me know the possible reasons so I can prepare better for my next visa application?

What I think might be the reasons:

• Salary doesn't meet the minimum requirement.
  • The company has not advertised the role at mycareerfuture
  • I don't have Singapore education background
  • Quota has been reached

If there is anyone that can help, please share with me. Thank you.

Colorless Sky

Suggest to check yr application status via MOM online site. Sometimes, employers didn’t apply yr Spass and just reply rejected. If your online assessment says that you are qualified, the main reason for rejection is from Company side.

ibjs0101

@Colorless Sky Hi, thank you for replying. Just want to confirm I go to this page right? service2.mom.gov.sg/workpass/enquiry/prelanding

Cheryl

Hello ibjs0101,

Were you able to access the page referred to you? 1f914.svg

Do not hesitate to tell us if you need help/

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

ibjs0101

@Cheryl Hi Cheryl, yes. I alr checked the application status on the referred page. Thank you!

beppi
What I think might be the reasons:
Salary doesn't meet the minimum requirement.
The company has not advertised the role at mycareerfuture
Quota has been reached

-@ibjs0101

Yes, these are possible reasons, but in each of these cases an appeal is possible, after changing the underlying issue.

I suspect the actual reason is rather with the company - possibly they have been banned from hiring foreigners?

ibjs0101

@beppi well, I am not too sure either. Because the company said there is no reasons and no chance to appeal. Thank you for replying.

beppi

@ibjs0101 There is always a chance to appeal, but they probably see that there is no point doing so (if they cannot change the rejection reason) and don't want to admit it. Look for a more honest employer!

ibjs0101

@beppi I will. Hopefully I can find a better employer soon. Thank you smile.png

sokling98

Hi there. If my application from pending to

“Invalid. Your application has not been approved. Please talk to your employer or agent.” Is this showing that my application is rejected ? Or there is error in my submission ? My employer applied on 28/9/2022 and after a week now got this status.

ncob

@sokling98 which pass? EP or SP?

beppi

@sokling98 Rejected.

sokling98

@beppi Can I know the reason behind the rejection or only the employer/agent can know about it ?

sokling98

@ncob SP

ncob

Hi Beppi,

Mine was also rejected yesterday with reason "candidate is not eligible".

My employer submitted the spass and my salary is higher than 5500.

I hold my master degree from accredited uni list.

I have 3 YoE on my field.

The company asks me to write my own appeal letter haha.

Any advice?

beppi

@sokling98 We always encourage readers to search for answers themselves - especially for topics like this, which are discussed here very often.

In short: The employer can contact MoM and ask for the rejection reasons.

beppi

@ncob Find out the rejection reason and then address (i.e. remove) it in the appeal. An appeal without a change of circumstances or additional information will not work.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles