Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Last activity 01 January 2024 by expander28

MinnGuy

@Julien

I'm aware that I could be being scammed, but maybe not, so I am exploring what's true.

I met a filipina online (on purpose) and we have been chatting several months.   Her cost of living and mine are so far apart I want to help her and her family (mom and cousins).    I offered, she didn't ask.

She works as customer support on a night shift and she earns about $12 a day.    As a programmer, I make ten times that in an hour.   She doesn't know that.

Her mom raises a few pigs and I offered to help them replace pigs that recently died of African Swine Flu.

This forum is for introductions so I will stop there and try to find an appropriate place to post follow ups.

seacaptdon

Hi Everyone!

I am Donald. I am semi-retired American guy who met an incredible Pinay with two beautiful kids who lives in Cavite near Tagaytay. I have visited the Philippines several times to visit my friend who married a Pinay while working setting up call centers in the Philippines for North American companies. We have prepaid a year rent on a home near Indang and hope to find a piece of land nearby that area for home and maybe business.

bigpearl

As said in another post welcome seacaptdon. Good luck for the future.

Cheers, Steve.

MustacheScience

Hi all!

My name is Nick. I am a US citizen currently located in West Africa where my FilAm wife and I work as diplomats.  Her family is from Cebu and this is where we spend a lot of our vacation time.

Since first visiting Cebu 13 years ago shortly before we married, I have been in love with the island and Cebu City. During a recent visit we took the plunge and bought a 2 bedroom condo near IT Park and have been using it when we visit and as a short term rental on the side. 

Although we are in our 30s and still some time away from retiring, our next assignment will relocate us much closer in SE Asia and we are looking forward to spending more time in Cebu.

I'm really glad I found this place and have already gotten a lot of useful advice lurking through the various posts. Really happy to be here!

Enzyte Bob

My name is Nick. I am a US citizen currently located in West Africa where my FilAm wife and I work as diplomats.

Hello Nick,

How are things in Nigeria?

MustacheScience

My name is Nick. I am a US citizen currently located in West Africa where my FilAm wife and I work as diplomats.
Hello Nick,
How are things in Nigeria?         

-@Enzyte Bob

Haha not quite. Things are good in Dakar.

I love seeing posts here complaining about infrastructure and red tape in the Philippines. Spend some time in a majority of AF and the Philippines feels like Japan.

expander28

Hi Chucky here I will be in the Philippines I'm arriving in Cebu on the 1st of February I will be staying in the Philippines exploring until the 26th of February I'm going down to the beaches from cebu by white Beach diving etc.

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055688

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles