OTV Tax Exception as a foreigner & License questions

Hello Everyone,

Someone might be able to assist me with this.

I'm a disabled person, not sure if I'll fall above or below the 90% here in Turkey (Find out in 2 weeks), I know at home (Australia) I can drive but I'm unsure about here. I know I can drive for 6 months with International License then I need to get a Turkish one, does the 6 months reset if I leave the country and return? Just in case they won't give me a Turkish License can I leave the country and return and start driving again?

Also, I've read that disabled people can get an exception for the OTV tax. Will I still be able to apply for that exception even though I just have a resident permit and I'm not a citizen?

yes, on every exit and enter, the duration restarts.

and yes again, handicapped foreigners can benefit the discounts on sct and vat if residency available.

What I don't quite understand is that the Turkish govt state you have to remove any imported car every 2yrs amd for a 6 month period, this doesn't really help a disabled person importing a modified (hand control) vehicle.

The Turkish government states that the reason that the import tax in vehicles is so high (50-90£ of the vehicle value) is due to the low cost of public transport meaning that people dont need cars This doesnt really apply.to disabled people, especially anyone in a wheelchair who, outside of Istanbul can't access public transportation.

Please explain the differences between OTC and SCt?

Can anyone post links about the 6 month driving on an international driving license before having to apply for a Turkish license?

https://www.resmigazete.gov.tr/eskiler/ … 0605-4.htm

what is otc?

i guess, you are talking about temporary import which is bringing accompanied vehicles for a time period, yes of course you can not hold it here forever.

however, if you have residency, you dont have the right for temporary import anyway, you ahve to import yr vehicle and it doesnt need to exit-reenter never again.

@WheelieGoodGamer Turkey is a good country and considering disabled people I think they REALLY try to be on international standards (especially after love indications by Erdogan to EU recently). If you have a driving license (disabled or not) it should be easy to change.

My understanding, support of somebody who speaks Turkish (not mandatory but I can tell very useful)

Ikamet, old driving license (to be translated officially), should not be an issue, but could be expensive (please do not more than TRY 250), proof of school education (strange but needed (translated as well  (more than250 earlier indicated), depending of your agent also translated marriage certificate (if children it could become a nightmare)

Perhaps good to change driving license, but it will you set back I think at least USD 500, do you really need this? (cost, risk, years to live?)

For me it was easy and with the good support it will be for you as well. (Honestly I can hardly walk, I have the license, but is it useful?)

@cdw057 Very much depends on where you live, DO YOU NEED own transport, I challenge this, we live here for almost two years, I have my Turkish driving license, but I did not miss a car,

@cdw057 Very much depends on where you live, DO YOU NEED own transport, I challenge this, we live here for almost two years, I have my Turkish driving license, but I did not miss a car,
-@cdw057

Do you have a disability that impairs your ability to walk?

For those that do (and WGG seems to be one) then your own vehicle is not a luxury but a necessity, especially if it has to be modified with a ramp and/or hoist