Menu
Expat.com

Mistake in SP application material

Last activity 13 March 2024 by Huangh2413

Huangh2413

Hi all, really needs advice for it.

I’m about to renew my S-pass in sg, but when I double confirm my previous application material to avoid mismatch.

i found for my education qualification I put wrong period of study date ( around 1 month difference with the certification). Because I understand wrongly for the question ( I put the date I finished the final exam). And what’s more I put the study mode wrongly. Will it be a serious mistake when I’m going to renew my pass? Should I amend it at once or just inform mom when I renew my pass.

ps: all the certification documents are correct and been verified before. But the date and study mode that I fill in form is mismatch with the certification.

thank you very much for any answer can be help!

beppi

Since it's a renewal, your S-Pass is obviously already approved. So probably nobody spotted this small inaccuracy. But you should inform MoM as soon as possible and ask them to correct this detail!

Huangh2413

@beppi

hi beppi, thank you very much for your answer! i’m very worried about whether this kind of misunderstanding and careless will be considered as false declarition? (I am really sorry and was angry with myself for this stupid mistake)

since all the documents i provided are verified by third party and well received by MOM. i think the officer also never notice this mistake during review😭. How i write the explain letter for amend request will be suitable? will this kind of mistake cause revoke for my current sp or rejection for renew request?

for the study-mode, do i need to provide other certification for it during amend request?

thanks again for your patient answer.

surya2k

This is a pretty small mistake and should not consider an offence. MoM updates the record baaed on original certificate copy you shared. So dont think too much about it.

On additional certificates declarations, yes you should declare your newly obtained certificates so that MoM can update their record. Good luck

Huangh2413

@surya2k

hi surya, thank you very much for your positive comment!

i just wants to double confirm that: as long as all the education certification upload are truely and verified. Is it means that the amend i made to previous application form won’t be considered as false declaration?

And because for the study mode is listed on transcript and since that is not a critical material for application. hr never ask me for it. Should I update the transcript also to third party to update my study mode?

thanks again for your patient answer!

surya2k

Yes, you should update transcripts data correctly so that your additional records are updated successfully into the system.

Third party come into picture when MOM engages them to verify the authenticity of documents submitted by the applicant. Its not applicant engages any third party. Good  luck

Huangh2413

@surya2k

hi surya,

Sorry for the late reply, i already inform my hr and submit the amend request for it. we are waiting for the result.

one thing i wants to double check is, will this mistake give me a adverse record at MOM for furture EP renew or application? Since I do make the mistake in my application form.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles