Pension contributions

Hi Could anyone help:

my mother worked in france for twelve years  during the  80s and 90s, we are trying to trace her pensions and entitlement if any, we have pay slips but need to contact relevent depatments but do not speak french.

could any ony advise

You don't say where your mother lives. If it were the USA, she could simply contact American Social Security and they would handle the application to their French counterpart. I would suppose the same to be true according to Social Security Agreements between France and other countries.

She qualifies for a pension after one trimestre of work.

ATTENTION: Verify whether opening the French pension could affect any other pension she is receiving in her country of residence. For the USA, for example, she might be liable for a reduction of US Social Security retirement benefits, depending upon her exact situation.

@tonylan

Hi thank you for replying, she was a British citizen, went from England to France and after 12 years returned to UK she died last month before she could claim her  pension,  but contributed to private pensions I believe.

THANKS

People in France usually subscribe to a pension scheme in addition to the national one. Your pay slips may show this.

You seem to be asking if there are survivor benefits. You should probably start by contacting the UK state system.

Hi, yes  i have been able to trace uk based pensions as my mum always worked for institutions , its knowing where to start as an english  speaker . French Embassy have not responded to my enquiry.

UK weren't able to help.

Thanks

> UK weren't able to help.

Something seems wrong. There were agreements between the UK and EU or EU countries before and in the light of Brexit. These agreements deal with people who have pension rights in UK and other EU countrie(s).

Is it possible you haven't asked the appropriate UK office?

HI

I've asked  the DWP - not their remit,  Pension tracing service (twice) who referred me to French Embassy with whom I've had no reply. 

I reached out here to see if someone else has experienced the same issue and possibly suggest the appropriate departments either UK or Fr.

Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/international-pension-centre

Social security coordination

Entitlement to the UK State Pension is based on an individual's UK National Insurance record. As part of the EU, the UK was part of a system to coordinate the social security entitlements for people moving within the EU. The rules also apply to the EEA and Switzerland.

The aim of these provisions is to remove barriers to workers moving between Member States. They enable periods of insurance in different countries to be aggregated. An individual makes one application to the relevant agency in the country of residence – in the UK, the International Pension Centre. ==> It then notifies details of the claim to all countries in which the person has been insured. Each Member State in which the person was insured then calculates its pro-rata contribution and puts that amount into payment.

You can contact the International Pension Centre (IPC) by email, using the online enquiry form.

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/contact-the-i … ntact-form

@AARO health

You've got me nervous now! I'm self employed and spend equal amounts if time in France and UK. I'm paid by transfer though my company is registered in UK and pay tax there too. I have a private pension also. I'm going to get my accountant to look into it.

Chrissy.

ok Thanks for the info I will give them a try

will keep you informed