Visa extention

I'm in Kampot.  I took my passport to an agency here to file for a 30 day extension.  I paid the extension fee. They took my passport  and said they would file the extension.  I failed to get a receipt . Next day went back . The guy said he had a problem at home in  province and needed to borrow 45 dollars .  I felt like he was extorting the loan in order to get a receipt . He had my passport . I gave him 45 and he gave me a receipt for the extension . It's now been 10 days no extension.  Starting to wonder if this guy ever filed or just kept my money. I do have a receipt showing I paid for an extension.    Going to give it 3 more days then US Embassy tells me I have to file a police report to get a new passport. Craziness. Then it's another 2 to 3 weeks before I actually get a new passport.  At this point I just want to get out of here.

I hope this was solved for you and you got extension. I don't come to the site too often any more but wanted to let you know just in case that it took me 14 days to get my retirement visa extension done. Has to be shipped to Phnom Penh  and there were holidays or something. I had Khmer family member do the work for me. She called immigration for me after two weeks and they sent a photo of the new visa extension and let her know I should have the passport back in a day or two.

Hope all worked out well for you.

You have to wait 2 or 3 weeks, they send passeport to PP, extension tourist visa one month, it s 45 $.