TEP appeal

Hello,

I am supposed to start my internship the beginning of june in NUS. We applied for TEP but got rejected (MoM didnt give us details about the reasons) but I suppose that it's because my institution doesnt figure in the list they call accepted institutions + my stipend was less than 3k$. Now we appealed but I'm afraid i'll get another rejection... is there anybody who has gone through the same experience? Is there any risk it gets rejected a 2nd time?

Thank you

If there is no change to the underlying facts (which caused the rejection), it will be rejected again.

They apply clear and strict (but unfortunately unpublished) criteria, so just (by appealing) asking them to have another look at the same is just a waste of time!

@beppi We appealed after changing the stipend to $3k... would it be sufficient if you have any past data for cases like this? Also, is the processing time of an appeal less than the processing time of the initial request? bcz the starting time of my internship is approaching and I still didnt get anything.

Thanks,

We appealed after changing the stipend to $3k... would it be sufficient if you have any past data for cases like this?

The eligibility criteria are minimum S$3k salary AND studying at a recognised institution.

You said you didn't meet either. An appeal that changes one but not the other will probably not be successful.

Also, is the processing time of an appeal less than the processing time of the initial request? bcz the starting time of my internship is approaching and I still didnt get anything.

It can be shorter or longer, depending on the case details.

If I were you, I would quickly look for other opportunities!