Re-appeal rejection chances for S-Passc

My S Pass application was filed in June and got rejected within two days. My employer reappealed three weeks ago, and the status is still pending. Do re-appeals often get rejected, even when the employer has the S Pass quota and the salary is within the required range?

@ssameer Is it a re-appeal (i.e. second appeal, after the first was rejected), or just an appeal?

In any case, it has a chance only if the original rejection reason was removed. Why were you rejected?

@beppi, Its an appeal [after my initial request of s pass was rejected]. Is it possible to send a second appeal after first is rejected. I believe employers would not stretch it this much for a single case. Anyways, the reason was not revealed.

What can I possibly do in this case?

@ssameer The employer should, before an appeal, contact the processing officer in MoM to ask for the rejection reason (which is not always revealed). Appealing without this makes no sense.

In most cases, a second appeal is allowed if it includes information or documents that were not previously known to MoM.

I am unable to retrieve my status from the MOM portal. After entering my date of birth and passport number, the search returns no results and does not display any error for invalid credentials. What should I do in this situation?

@ssameer i'm having the same situation as you. When i'm trying to enter my information,  it's not showing anything. i think there's some glitch with the website right now.

@rchlrdc The EPOnline system is no longer accessible for job-seekers. You should ask your employer to check the status instead!

(The recent changes are explained here: https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … s-eservice)

@beppi I dont see any changes mentioned on the web as of yet.

@beppi I am talking about this website which is accessible to those as well whose applications are filed.

https://service2.mom.gov.sg/workpass/enquiry/prelanding

@ssameer This  might be a leftover from the previous system. You can contact MoM and ask, to get a definitive reply here!

@beppi hello, recently my renewal EP is rejected and currently appeal process in pending (almost 3 weeks).

when I check in MOM website for EP requirement, there is minimum salary table there, and after that compass points requirement.

On my first try, I didn't pass the SAT and my employer tried their luck to renew as EP (rejected).

On appeal, they increased my salary around 10%, and they told me that I passed the SAT, so they appealed my EP instead applying SP.

I have question, when I compare with MOM table for minimum salary requirement for EP, my new salary is still below minimum (less than 100S$)

But my employer said I passed the SAT..

is SAT didn't cover minimum salary check? if yes, how come my employer told me that I passed SAT test.

thank you

note:my renewal EP was rejected after 3 months pending.

@Jimmy The SAT does include salary requirements. It might be that there are lower thresholds for renewals than for new EPs. In any case, be glad you get 10% more now!

However, if your renewal was pending for three months, I doubt that salary (which is easy and quick to assess) is the only or main rejection reason. Did the employer contact MoM to find out why you were rejected?

@beppi hello, I'm sorry just managed to reply you now.. my appeal was approved 3 days ago after waiting around 3 weeks++ (I'm happy now)

yeah bit strange why it took 3months since they submitted my first EP renewal (which rejected after that, they should reject it faster as I was not passed on SAT)

and the rejection message was : the applicant is not eligible for a work pass. Please look for another candidate.

anyway for everyone that got same rejection message like me above, don't give up your hope, you still have chance to get approve on your appeal :)

@beppi so this link is not valid ? https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/servic … tatuswhere we can contact MOM ?

@Raden Rakhman Of course this link is valid, for checking the validity of a work pass. But not for checking an application status before the work pass is issued.