Menu
Expat.com

Refused to Enter in SG ; Appeal was disapproved

Last activity 15 July 2024 by azaleamitch0108

lilyperr

Hello everyone. I was refused to enter Singapore last April 30, 2024. I am Filipino and my husband is working in SG as Engineer. During march and april same year I visited my husband in SG then went to Vietnam to visit my friends for a week. When I went back to SG on 30th of April I was then refused to enter. I was asked with informations regarding my husband including his phone number. They said they will call him for confirmation but they never did. Then I was detained in a room and advised to fly back to Philippines. I was given a letter indicating " Ineligible for the issue of pass under current immigration policies " . So I went back to Philippines.

Then I applied for appeal to enter last June 15 and got the reply just yesterday July 10 that my appeal was unsuccessful. Does anybody here had the same experience? What do you think is the reason why it got rejected? Was it too early for me to file an appeal? I need to visit SG as my husband is there. Is it okay to file an appeal again? Please advise.

Grc0327

If u marry Singaporean, u should have LTVP on you. Perhaps u go back & forth under a holiday pass?

azaleamitch0108

How long did you stay in SG during the month of March and April? Probably you appeal to soon.

beppi

The reason you were denied entry is obvious:

You tried to (ab-)use a visit visa to in fact live here with your husband.

That is not allowed - you should have an LTVP or DP in that situation!

Possibly you also tried to get a longer stay by exiting for a short while (a week in Vietnam). That is a No-No! Instead, you should have contacted ICA for an extension.

Here is what to do now: Contact ICA, explain the situation honestly and ask for forgiveness, ask how long the ban will last and what (if anything) could be done to lift it earlier. Once it is lifted, apply for an LTVP or DP. Do not attempt to visit Singapore again before you have that!

lilyperr

@azaleamitch0108 I stayed max 2 months. Then went to Vietnam

lilyperr

@beppi yes maybe that's the reason why. I abused the visa. I stayed max 2mos. I filed for extension but got rejected maybe because I already filed on April so I can stay for another month. Some said that we can only apply for extension once. So I ended up going to Vietnam as I also worked there before and I had a lot of friends. My return to SG was supposedly my last as I had to get my stuffs before going back to Philippines. But then it was too late for me to realize. I should've left from VN to Phil directly, If I only knew this would happen.  Does ICA has another email? Will it work if I ask my husband to go to ICA? He went last time but was only given the advise to file for appeal, nothing more.

beppi

@lilyperr A rejection of extension is definite - and your attempt to circumvent that backfired.

Your husband can visit ICA, but I am afraid that will not achieve much.

lilyperr

@beppi I already emailed them and asked for an advise the moment I got the rejection to re-enter, here's the reply

Dear Madam

Please refer to your email dated 11 Jul 2024.

2            We regret to inform you that ICA does not enter into correspondence or share on the reasons for outcome of applications.

3            You may submit a fresh application if there is addition information you want us to take into consideration for the appeal for entry.

4             Thank you.

beppi

@lilyperr See my reply above.

azaleamitch0108

@lilyperr yap and there it is. ICA banned you from entering again. Beppi suggestion from his comments is one best thing you can do. If you appeal again with same reason you’ll get same answer. They have your record already and ICA is not entertaining walk in tho.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles