Menu
Expat.com

Will I be blacklisted

Last activity 17 July 2024 by beppi

GuestPoster258

Hii everyone,Can u please clarify a thing

I'm a staff nurse by profession who applied for EN in Feb 2024, no update i have got till last week so i mailed MOM asking my concerns they directed me to contact your employer and I mailed my employer hospital and then no response came by this week 15.07.2024 I local agency contacted me and told u were approved by SNB but then my local agency contacted me today told me that why have u mailed the hospital it is a policy breaching, don't do such things you end up in blacklist. Is that really a problem asking my concerns may it is their policy but I'm not aware if it is I would have not mailed surely. Will I blacklisted? Please clarify it expertiees.

beppi

Sorry, but your post is rather confusing and I cannot understand what exactly happened.

It looks like yet another employent agent screwing things up for the job seeker. You are not alone!

Did this "agent" ask you to pay for the visa? If so, they are scammers, because that's ot allowed in Singapore! (The employer must bear all fees!)

I think you should call the employer and ask whether you really have a job with them.

GuestPoster258

@beppi

Actually, applied for EN roll by 2023 oct, about till last I didnt got any information on my s pass status. So, i thought of enquiry the MOM and the employer(hospital) about my concern,but , then this week my local agency contacted me and told that your IPA got passed and later that day local agency again contacted me stating that I shouldn't be mailing the employer and warned ,if, you do so you will end up blacklisted.

I just wanna know will I be blacklisted for this reason, I don't any idea about this policy. Anyways I apologized my agent

beppi

Instead of repeating the same confusing information (What is an "EN"?), you could answer my question. Or contact the employer, as I mentioned.

Patrick Collison

"EN", "SNB" seems to be an acronym in your profession which we (who are not medical worker) do not understand.

We are also not familiar with the nurse-specific process from MOH or SNB.

We are also not familiar with the agreement between a hospital in Singapore and a local job agency in your country.

So first thing first when you want to ask questions online:

- Describe your problem in a clear and concise way.

- Do not assume everyone to have the same background knowledge as you.

Patrick Collison

I tried to read your message again, carefully (dont know why I am doing so) then here is my understanding:

- You are a nurse from another country

- You find your job offer from a Singapore hospital via a local employment agency

- You are in the process of doing paper work to apply for necessary document(s) in order to work in Sigapore legally.

- The application(s) has been submitted (to SNB and MOM) for quite a long time, but you had not heard of any update.

- That's why you emailed your hospital to ask for update.

- Because of that, you got a warning from your employment agent. They say that the action is "policy breaching" and you will be "blacklisted"

Below are my thoughts (unable to confirm anything because I am not familiar with the entire process/ industry):

1. MOM will not "blacklist" you just because you have emailed your employer. They do not care.

2. SNB will not "blacklist" you just because you have emailed your employer. They do not care.

3. Your employer (the hospital) may have an agreement with the local agency, which:

- They should not contact the employee until the entire process finish

- The employee should not contact them until the entire process finish.

That agreement makes sense to protect the agency's rights and benefits.

4. Even if (3) exists, i think it will be less likely that the hospital will "blacklist" you (means stop hiring you and rescind the offer). Reason is, hiring is a costly process and it's not easy to start over again, especially when all paperwork have been submitted.

5. You MAY be blacklisted by the local agency (means they will not help you to find job again).

6. Even if (5) is true, it does not mean much to you, because when you are already in Singapore, you can find a new job yourself; and you had better do so, to avoid being dependent on the agency.

In short, as long as the government agency (MOM/ SNB) do not "blacklist" you, no need to worry much.

Just say sorry to the agency, let it over, go to Singapore to work. IF you realize that you are still dependent on the local agency in your country AFTER you have already worked in Singapore, find a new job yourself and get rid of them. Nurse if of high demand here.

GuestPoster258

@beppi

It's enrolled nurse

beppi

Thanks, Patrick, for your long message and attempt to understand what the OP means.

From what I googled, "EN" (enrolled nurse) seems to be a job title (not a certification or a license).

So what he/she is talking about is probably (OP: Please clarify!) the following SNB registration process:

https://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/ … s-midwives

(OP: Have the required documents according to this webpage all been submitted? Incomplete applications will not be processed!)

A work pass (issued by MoM, e.g. S-Pass here) can only be applied for after the registration with SNB is completed. So, as they wrote, MoM is the wrong addressee for questions at this stage!

I agree with MoM that the employer should be taking care of this - especially if the agent (I interpreted "local agent" as located in Singapore, but foreign employment agencies are often worse!) is unwilling or unable to handle this properly.

You did not answer my question whether this agent is charging you for the work pass. If so, you should ditch them altogether!

beppi

The OP has deleted his/her account, which is then automatically re-named "GuestPosterXXX" (but the posts remain visible).

This usually happens when someone doesn't like the answers received. But I find it a rather rude reply to the efforts the forum volunteers put in!

I now close the thread for further contributions.

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles