Menu
Expat.com

Spending the month of January in Chiangmai

Last activity 03 January 2013 by licht_n

L29driver

Hello all. Oh a whim I made a life choice to leave New York and spend a month out if the country. After about a week of research it was clear Chiang Mai was a no brainier. So here I am, 34 years old, lived all over the USA and I am just jumping on a plane and moving to Chiang Mai  for a month. I know no one there, I know no Thai, I have no idea where I am going to live, and on and on. That's what's so great!  O I have been very fortunate in my life to be fairly successful in a few small businesses I own so I am not looking to be on a small limited budget, I want to make this the adventure of a lifetime.  I am very outgoing and up for just about anything. Love outdoor activities, playing sports, exploring, drinking, partying, honestly anything.  Hoping to touch base with a few other like minded people before I get there. Maybe show me around, give me some tips.  Like I said, I am very easy going, down to earth, and educated.  Hope to hear from some good people.
Brian

Harmonie

Welcome to Expat.com Brian!

Harmonie.wink.png

licht_n

Hi Brian. i'm a new member, live in Bangkok.
Hope you have great time in Chiang Mai. I've been there last year , Chiang Mai is really nice place.
Have a lot of good foods, try "Khao Soi" a traditional northern thai style noodle.
If you have time, just rent a motorbike/car and travel around those area, Chiang Mai, Chaing Rai, Mae Hong Son.
If you would like to hang out in Chaing Mai, go to Nimmanhaemin Road... Have a lot of cafe' & bars, like Monkey club & Warm up cafe'

Have a good time
Hoong

Articles to help you in your expat project in Chiang Mai

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Accommodation in Chiang Mai
    Accommodation in Chiang Mai

More and more digital nomads, teachers, entrepreneurs, retirees, volunteers, and NGO workers are flocking to the ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

• The healthcare system in Thailand
    The healthcare system in Thailand

Thailand is one of the most visited countries in the world. It is also home to a large number of long-term expats, ...

• Accommodation in Phuket
    Accommodation in Phuket

Phuket is a popular destination for expatriates working or retiring on the island. Its expat community is also ...

All of Chiang Mai's guide articles