Re-activation or renewal of Personal Number

Hello Community,

This is Srinu. Coming to my issue, I want to know whether I can renew or reuse my closed personal number.  Coming to my background, I completed my masters in Sweden in 2015 and worked for six months in Ericsson and went back to India in Aug 2016. After that, I started working in India and still working here. In August 2019 (applied student visa - hoping will get visa in a month), I am coming to Sweden for dual masters (60 hp - one year course).

I am unable to find the information on renewal or activation of my personal-number again. While returning to India in 2016, I closed my personal-number and my bank account, hoping that I won't come back to Sweden. However, I am about to get a student visa valid for less than a year, will I be able to activate my personal-number again in Sweden? (After coming to Sweden)

I've gone through many websites and forums, but couldn't find any concrete answer. In the Skatterverket website, it was mentioned, the personal-number wouldn't expire and last's forever. So, my query is after coming to Sweden, can I use my personal-number or not? I hope you understand my situation and will give a solution to my question. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Srinu

We're Brits who moved to live in France. We still retain many links in Sweden and have found that our personummers remain active and useable almost eight years down the line. I've used mine when needing medical help etc, with no problems.