Menu
Expat.com

Salary update MOM for DP applications

Last activity 08 July 2024 by beppi

Soulsoy09

Hi All,

I am in the midst of updating my salary to MOM to further proceed with DP applications for my wife and child.

Our HR has submitted the update with my 3 month payslips and latest IRAS statement end in the beginning of January. On the 15th of Jan MOM updated that the salary update was rejected and advised us to update the salary once my pass is due for renewal. HR appealed and explained the reason for Salary update. On the 20th January MOM asked for further supporting docs including 3 month bank statements from me and the companies, as well as justification of big salary jump. Now in the beginning of February, MOM asked to resubmit further docs.

I am waiting for the the salary update confirmation so we can proceed with the DP applications.
My wife and child is currently in Singapore on social visit pass and I may need to extend via ICA for a further 30 days.. as don't want them to travel out of singapore in the time being due to the Corona virus situation..

My question is, could MOM reject salary update when the increase can be proved and justified? Also, the whole process has taken a month.. is there usually a time frame for all of this?

Thanks and appreciate the help

surya2k

We have discussed similar situation few times already. I too have mentioned that each change at employer and employee end must have a rationale.

You didn’t tell us what percentage your salary got hike that MoM found it suspicious? Any unusual hike (anything above 10%) will draw a question mark at MoM, as in normal trend within a company at best someone can get 3% to 8%.

Hence, in your case company has to show the bank statements to proof and subsequently provide a strong rationale the reason for any unusual salary hike. MoM has its own criteria to consider or reject based on the details provided by your employer.

But in a genuine case, MoM should accept. Good luck

Soulsoy09

Thanks for the advice.

In my case I was promoted up 4 months ago due to operations needs and sudden changes, thus the big hike in salary. (way more than 10%)

Will continue to wait and see the what MOM requires as its the only thing I can do now. But I do hope it turns out fine as its a genuine case like you mentioned, as everything asked is given.

thanks

thecenturion

Hi,

I got my EP approved last month. And I have resigned at my current company. Recently, I renegotiated the salary part with my new employer and I got a considerable  hike (more than 10% of what was previously offered). My new employer have updated MOM about the salary increase and only after MOM responds with the result, my EP will be issued. With only a few days left to join, am worried on how long MOM would take. With my current EP due for cancelation on last working day, my worries are increasing as I may have to switch to visit pass untill I hear back from MOM.

Does anyone have any idea on how long MOM takes to update the salary in their records.

beppi

Once you have a valid IPA, I do not think you need to wait for the salary update at MoM. Who told you so?
And even if, a one month SVP will automatically be issued on cancellation of your old EP. You may then not work (and earn) any longer, but at least you do not need to leave the country.

avinashjha

This is new. Once your EP is approved, MOM has nothing to do with ur updated salary unless next EP application. What are you worried about ? 🤔 If ur new salary is reflected in IRAS and u r paying taxes.:: don’t think there’s anything to worry about

thecenturion

Thanks beppi and  avinashjha for your response.

I have been told by the agency who is handling the immigration work(on behalf of my new employer) told that they cannot raise EP issuance request because there is a change being done to the EP application.

But in another few days, my EP would be canceled as my current employment would be over. Though I would get a SVP, it's a worry on how long the salary change would take and will it impact the EP application itself. Acknowledgment received quotes 3 weeks as the response time for the change request.

beppi

I don’t think they cannot get the EP issued. More likely they don’t want to.
In any case, there isn’t much more you can do but wait (while holding SVP).

thecenturion

Hi beppi,

Since there is no such restriction from MOM to issue EP, I can push my new employer to issue the EP. Isnt it so?

beppi

This is my understanding - but I cannot know everything.

surya2k

In this situation, what I know is that your IPA letter is very much valid and any upward salary hike by the new employer doesn’t have any impact to your EP approval. So, as you have valid IPA letter then you can ask the agency to reach out MoM and check if MoM can fix a date to issue new EP card. It should be prior to SVP last day. Good luck

thecenturion

Hi surya2k.

I spoke to MoM about this and according to them EP cannot be issued when there is a pending request with them. Though it's just a 10 min work, they have given a turnaround time of 3 weeks.

beppi

Thanks for updating us on this aspect of MoM’s processes, which we didn’t know before.
I thought a salary increase is just a minor formality, just as it is after EP issuance. But apparently more is involved here.
I can only guess that they have to re-evaluate the eligibility of the EP now - after all, you can also be rejected for too high pay!
In hindsight, it would have been better to increase salary only after the EP was issued. Bur they couldn’t have known.

Robloxers16

Hi all,
Is there any other way to get my wife here in SG faster?
I just got a salary increase and its enough to get a DP, but the problem is I need to wait for 3 months to get a payslip which is required to notify the MoM for the salary increase.
Can the HR just submit 1 payslip that is updated and just other documents to validate the salary?
Thanks in advance!

beppi

Payslips are usually issued monthly. But I guess other proof of your now higher salary might also be accepted.

Vaseekaran

@Robloxers16 i have also same issue. Did you get mom salary update with one month pay slip?

beppi

@Vaseekaran The user you are referring to, Robloxers16, did not visit the forum for over two years. I think it is unlikely you get a reply here.

But I replied to your other post (in future, please refrain from double-posting the same content!).

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles