Menu
Expat.com

MOM approval for entry to Singapore (IPA holder/EP visa)

Last activity 06 January 2021 by surya2k

AsianBrasilian

Hi there,

I got IPA approved but I`m in Malaysia now.
I`ve been applying for MOM Approval to enter into SG, but, Unfortunately, all applications have been rejected since April/27th.

I heard MOM is only approving a very limited number daily and I was wondering whether there is any person in the same situation here.

Is there any one who got approval to entry to Singapore through? Or when you guys think MOM will be approving more application for IPA/EP/SPASS holders?

I`m applying more than 20times already through https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e3cbabee41f590012014e91

Thank you very much and stay safe
Cheers

beppi

As far as I heard, entry permissions are only given to people who work in the critical infrastructure (e.g. medical).
If you are not, I am afaid you will have to wait until the CB measures are lifted. There is no sense in applying so many times - on the contrary: MoM will just ban you after a while. (20 applications in just 14 days is EXCESSIVE!!!)

AsianBrasilian

Hi  top.png

Thank you for the message.
The situation is quite desperate because my visit pass in Malaysia (I'm lockdown here) will expire soon. Otherwise, I have to return to my hometown in Brasil.

This week Malaysia gov extenders MCO (movement control order) until June/12, so I`m checking how to extend my visa here (my visit pass will expire during MCO period).

So we think maybe EP/Spass/IPA holders are not getting  approval to enter into Singapore now
Thanks

beppi

For your Malaysia visa, you'd hav to ask on the malaysia forum, not here.
As far as I heard, entry permissions into Singapore are only given to people who work in the critical infrastructure (e.g. medical). Are you?
If not, I am afaid you will have to wait until the CB measures are lifted.

Cheryl

Hello AsianBrasilian,

As beppi mentioned earlier, I would also advise you to post your question about visa on the Malaysia forum.

You may also get some answers by reading the other topics on visa.

Good luck  top.png

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

AishwaryaSahoo

Hi,

I have the same concern . I wanted to know if you need a booked flight ticket in order to apply for MOM entry approval?
I was informed by my company's HR that I need to share booked ticket with them for them to send approval request. My request got rejected once due to CB in April ,so I haven't re booked the ticket yet .
Since you have applied so many times for the approval,was it for the same date of travel or different ?

siva1990

Aishwarya,

From the rejection email I got from MOM, it recommends us to wait for approval before booking flights and other arrangements.

Afihde

Has anyone got entry approval from MOM? If yes, can share when you applied and when is the proposed date of arrival?

siva1990

EP IPA holder, first time entry. Visa approved on February. Tried entry thrice. Once in Aug, Sep and Oct. All the three are rejected.

Viswa_k

Hi,

I have been applying for my entry for more than 10 times, still no luck.
I contacted MOM and they say there is no restriction and so we can keep on applying many number of times until it is is getting approved.
But one thing to remember is, do not apply for a short period. Example, apply such that you travel after 3 or 4 weeks.. I apply with this criteria, still it is getting rejected. Let's hope for Best!

Cheers,
Viswa

surya2k

Despite of valid EP, if you are denying to enter Singapore then it’s better reach out ICA office who manages the immigration process in Singapore. If you get confirmation from the office that you can enter then you should bring the letter along with all other required documents and show the immigration officer at check point. Good luck

Note: As per recent announcement by MOH (Ministry of Health), before you come to Singapore, you must have a COVID 19 test result negative certificate in hand from India then after you reach here, you will go home quarantine for 7 days or so. Without the certificate, you will not be allowed to enter Singapore.

Detailed QnA are available in ICA website: read the below link and follow the guidelines as mentioned:

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou … asures.pdf

narasimhanmcl

Hi Surya, I think it is better to double confirm on this. At no point you can reach out to ICA if MOM doesn't approve or delay approval. Worth checking. Happy to stay corrected if I am wrong. Thank you.

surya2k

My previous message had a different context. It means if you have valid workpass or IPA letter with MoM approval but you are still denied to enter Singapore then can check with ICA.

I didn’t say if MoM doesn’t approve or delay in approval then you can go to ICA.

There could many potential reason why ICA denied someone’s entry.

But in today’s situation, it’s pandemic reason why someone is denied. Below link issued by MoM which has stated that if a person belongs to other countries then even prior MoM approval will not help and they will be denied at immigration check point. Advisory guidelines are updating much faster, so we need to read latest guidelines to update ourselves.

https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/additio … sibilities

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles