Menu
Expat.com

SVP extension denied

Last activity 27 January 2021 by GuestPoster306

hriday9

Hi Guys

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights to India and I should try and book

if I cant find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are still limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest if someone has been in similar situation.

srini_dk

STVP extension can only apply as per below 2 conditions as per MoM.

•  You are unable to get the Employment Pass, S Pass, Dependant’s Pass or Long-Term Visit Pass issued as the pass holder is on Stay-Home Notice.

•  The pass holder's Short-Term Visit Pass expires within 2 weeks.

Please try within 2 weeks of your STVP expiry date.

GuestPoster306

Hi there,

Given that you had a pending EP wouldnt MOM allow you to stay in Singapore? Did you resolve the matter or did you have to go back to India?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles