Menu
Expat.com

New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Last activity 28 December 2021 by Gardo Fuentes

tpiro

hard to believe anything nowadays....

tpiro

coach is on target per the visa options....

GuestPoster329

Ok I understand.

GuestPoster329

I called the Embassy again this morning asking precisely about Utah marriage. The lady answered quickly that online marriage are not recognized by the Philippines governemnt.
Now, dont get me wrong i was just trying to make sure. There is no one more eager then me to fly there. She also add that it is getting worst. So In think, she meant the restrictions.
Good luck to all.

coach53
RossBee wrote:

I called the Embassy again this morning asking precisely about Utah marriage. The lady answered quickly that online marriage are not recognized by the Philippines governemnt.
Now, dont get me wrong i was just trying to make sure. There is no one more eager then me to fly there. She also add that it is getting worst. So In think, she meant the restrictions.
Good luck to all.

But they HAVE ACCEPTED American marriage certificates got by online marriages more than once,
so better NOT ASK such   smile.png   because asking can make them think about it and stop that possibility...

PNodens
coach53 wrote:
RossBee wrote:

Good luck to all.

But they HAVE ACCEPTED American marriage certificates got by online marriages more than once,
so better NOT ASK such   smile.png   because asking can make them think about it and stop that possibility...

Exactly this is a case of the wrong question. One last item :

Is online wedding legal in Utah?
Do web-conference weddings say “online” on the marriage certificate? No. It is the exact same certificate for all couples who get their license through Utah county. Since January of 2020 all licenses issued by Utah County have been all digital.

All certificates of completed marriages issued and certified by Utah county have gone through all three of these steps. The couple has legally applied for and been issued a marriage license, a valid wedding ceremony within the state has taken place, and the marriage has been registered with the county. Any couple with certified copy of their marriage certificate has been legally married according to Utah law and the laws of the United States.

The above from https://www.utahcounty.gov/dept/clerkau … onyFAQ.asp

So the question is does the Philippines recognize marriages in the USA the answer to that is yes.

Best of luck to you

Gardo Fuentes
PNodens wrote:

Ok I am not going to post any legal documents here but let's me see if I can simplify this for you. Utah, a state in the USA, allows online marriages. They are treated like every other marriage in Utah. You receive the same marriage license as anyone else. This is a legal marriage in the USA. Philippines recognizes marriages in the USA. Therefore it is legal.

Bummer.   sosad.png

There goes my plan for 20 honeymoons.   sleep.pnglol.png

GuestPoster329

You think they dont know...

dawgyellowlab

Good day to all: I am new to this site and my plans are to move to the Philippines by March of 2022.
I have a friend who lives in Davao and will most likely start my adventure there.
I am retired as a business owner and prior military Veteran with a disability while serving my country.
I still have all my limbs and thankful for that.
I do not let the disability slow me down and I have a lot of life left in me to enjoy and to share with others.
I have read that the Davao area is a nice place to live and there are other Westerners there to form a community. This is would like to know and learn more about.
I like to go fishing so I would like to live fairly close to the water without having to travel any great distance.
I have watched videos of some of the Public Markets and am excited to go an visit and to shop for fresh produce, Fish and Meats. I enjoy cooking and this is what has inspired me to seek out the Public Markets.
I do not like really HOT Temps. so the locating needs to be cooler until I become adjusted to the temp. in that area. Any suggestions as to where would be a suitable place to start would be appreciated.   
My plan is to travel from on end of the country to the other end to see as much as possible.
I look forward to getting to know new folks and to have them share their experiences with me of the DOES AND DON"T in the country.
Best regards to all.

coach53
dawgyellowlab wrote:

I do not like really HOT Temps. so the locating needs to be cooler until I become adjusted to the temp. in that area. Any suggestions as to where would be a suitable place to start would be appreciated.

Beside shade and air flow
higher ELEVATION above sea level reduce the heat rather much.  800 meters above sea level seem good.
Examples of "foreigner places" with higher elevation:
/Baguio, but thats rather far from ocean.
/In mountains behind Dumaguete live foreigners, who want lower temp.

(/Cebu city is as kind of a low "walley" between mountains and ocean.  Beside the close mountains, part of the city is higher elevation too.

Wellsfry

In mountains behind Dumaguete?  I have not heard that one... I have heard, and been to Baguio,  and it is Definitely noticeably cooler, and yes high and far from ocean... traffic terrible also..., and I have been a few times over to Tagaytay near Taal volcano where it is slightly cooler as well, but not a huge difference... also far from the ocean, but there is a massive lake around Taal that has fish... although since Taal blew up, not sure conditions in the area are very good now... probably fine. 

Since we moved from Dasmarinas, Cavite (my fiancee moved us)  this last spring, and over closer to her family in ipil, Mindanao, I plan to fly into Cebu. Then we plan to make our way over to Dumaguete, and explore that area... I have heard alot of ex-pats are there, and Want to see where to put our stakes down more permanently... Will now plan to check out this area "above" Dumaguete... specific information would be helpful.   I also plan to check out across the ocean to Dipolog area... I do not necessarily want to be in ipil close to her family... just because I know how that works with culture, and me being a foreigner, etc... So Dipolog is an option as well... far enough away that family would have to make an effort to drive or ride over.... but not sure climate.  Anyways... Cheers my friend.  Good luck... I do know 1 thing... cooler climate in Philippines is higher... you may want to start in baggio for a Month, and get used to it there if you are sensitive to heat... then go explore the rest where it is definitely hotter... 👍🏻

coach53
Wellsfry wrote:

In mountains behind Dumaguete?  I have not heard that one...

One of my earlier business consulting Swedish customers live there. It isnt counted to Dumaguete city. I have communicated only once with him since he moved there and he seemed to like it.

thewinnards

Thanks, much appreciated!!

nickdane

Hey! New here, planning to move to the Philippines in 2022.

tpiro

Welcome nickdane

I too will be relocating to the Phils in March 2022.. luck to us both.. right? with flights, opening borders, covid junk and all that may stand in our way.

Gardo Fuentes

Welcome!  Why Philippines?  Are you Pinoy?

Julien

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969385

Thanks!

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

All of the Philippines's guide articles