Menu
Expat.com

1st time EP application

Last activity 29 June 2021 by Nknbccn

Nknbccn

Hi All ,
I am new to this forum and I'd to share my story and seek your advice.
I am with my current company for over 4.8 years and holding SPASS, working in IT sector.
I have Bachelor degree from Private Reputable university in Singapore.
My time in Singapore are 3 years Education   4.8 years working.
My SPASS in expiring soon (in few weeks) and current company could not renew as the renewal had been rejected twice ( due to quota issues).
I have job offer and they said they will apply EP for me and the application was submitted 8 days ago and status is PENDING.
What I really anxious about is the salary jump.
I am earning 3K+ as Senior position at current company( I can say this is a bit low from market rate) and the salary they applied now is 6K ,Senior position as well ( with market rate)
Will it have any issue to my new EP application ?
Anyone has similar experiences and got the EP approval?

beppi

If you, as degree holder, after nearly five years of work still get less than what a fresh graduate needs nowadays to obtain an EP, you are certainly right in looking for greener shores.
Lucky for you: MoM looks more at the absolute amount offered (and whether it is in line with market norms for this background and position) and less at the difference to your previous job.
I think you have good chances, but need to be patient as processing is very slow currently. Good luck!

Nknbccn

Hi beppi, that?s relief to see such positive comments like that.
I have been reading lots of similar posts in this forum about salary jump and their rough journeys of getting EP applications and it really put me in high-anxiety mode as my current pass is expiring soon.
Hope it gets approved soon.

Arif Mohammad

It's still too early to reach a conclusion. In my experience, if MoM rejects your application it will reflect within 2 weeks with reason for rejection. Then your HR has to appeal and if MoM is convinced then your EP application should process in next 3 -4 weeks (after appeal).
Salary hike of 100% for same role will certainly raise MoM's eyebrows but if your HR and organisation stand a solid ground for this and support the appeal then you stand a good chance of getting through.
For the time being just be patient and see the status after 2 weeks of application submission.

Shekhz

Arif Mohammad: I beg to differ on the timelines, it’s very rare that you get a rejection or approval within 2 weeks. Average is 5 weeks odd and then appeals are usually 1-4 weeks as observed here.

Nknbccn

I dont know the EP decision, but for Spass it was indeed exactly 2weeks that i got rejected twice in a row. The reason my current Company HR told me was quota issues.
For this my very first time EP pass, since  my education credentials are from Singapore, i am really hoping the background check should be saving some time and process faster.

beppi

Quota issues are of course easy and quick to check and thus lead to the fastest rejections possible. Most other cases are more complicated.

Nknbccn

Yes. You are absolutely right.
I will keep posted my status for any updates .

Nknbccn

Hi All , Just an update that my EP is approved this morning.
It was so fast that I could not believe it, and I am on cloud nine now.

below is my timeline:
EP Application date: 17/June/2021 ( HR submitted only around 5:20PM)
EP Approved: 28/June/2021 around 8:50AM

Sanchita26

Congratulations ! Nknbccn
After such a long time we have heard a good news for this huge salary hike

Nknbccn

Sanchita26: Thank you so much.
I was also so worried about this as this 100% hike in salary is a very rare case.
But lucky for me, I got approved very fast.
I wish for the best for those applications that are still pending and be approved soon.

Shekhz

Congratulations!

Nknbccn

Thank you shekhz

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles