Menu
Expat.com

Multiple times EP rejection

Last activity 01 August 2021 by Arje

vishnuprasad1260

Hi My EP got rejected twice with same reason offered salary is high .
I am Vishnu and i work in IT sector

1. First time agency added 500$ more than the SAT score and applied for EP and it got rejected with reason saying candidate had offered more salary than expected .

2. Second time client introduced me a other agency this time they applied with SAT score salary ,and it got rejected again ,with same reason .This time i have made a appeal even it got rejected .

3. This time i got a offer from big client directly , I am in confuse state shall i go for applying EP for third time also ??? if my EP rejected thrice will it get affected for next renew .

Please need your suggestions ... Shall i go for applying EP or wait till next year

darenj1224

new EP applications are being assessed. you can still try for the third company to apply new EP for you.

beppi

The right salary depends not only on you (education, experience), but also on the job (scope, seniority, responsibility), company and industry. Thus it differs between your EP applications.
Rule of thumb: If it is a good (but not stellar) pay for the job in the Singapore labour market, then it should be o.k.

Arje

Hi Vishnu,

Would like to know what was the last drawn salary. Kinda sailing in the sameboat. i'm getting interviews for the jobs that are paying around 7K. but reading all the user's experience here in the forum makes me think even if I get the job also the pass wont be approved right? I'm currently getting 4.5k

darenj1224

Hi Arje, it is not true. You can still get higher salary. But of course,MOM will assess your application thoroughly - specifically the company you'll be joining.

GuestPoster1144
Arje wrote:

Hi Vishnu,

Would like to know what was the last drawn salary. Kinda sailing in the sameboat. i'm getting interviews for the jobs that are paying around 7K. but reading all the user's experience here in the forum makes me think even if I get the job also the pass wont be approved right? I'm currently getting 4.5k

Hi,
My base salary increased from 4.6 to 8.5k in recent EP application and it got approved. So it depends on candidate’s profile, industry, current avg salary etc. Unfortunately we don’t know the exact requirements.

Shekhz

We sure know the requirements, justify well why an applicant is being paid or offered what- based on their experience, skills, certs, role and overall responsibility. Even 2x gets approved if the submitter does a great job at outlining the logic well. Hope this helps?

GuestPoster1144
Shekhz wrote:

We sure know the requirements, justify well why an applicant is being paid or offered what- based on their experience, skills, certs, role and overall responsibility. Even 2x gets approved if the submitter does a great job at outlining the logic well. Hope this helps?

Yea thanks for the clarification.

Arje

Yes, Thanks for the clarification.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Work visas for Singapore
    Work visas for Singapore

As an expat, you must have a job to pay for your rent, bills, and leisure activities, but you can't just move ...

• Work visas in Singapore
    Work visas in Singapore

PEP applicants are assessed on the following criteria:

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles