Work permit holder - medical tests

Please be aware that any expat coming to Libya on a work permit is required to take the following annual tests. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO ACCOMPANYING SPOUSES, although children are exempt:

Blood tests: TB / Hepatitis A/B / HIV

Other: Chest X-Ray

This involves hanging around at one of the clinics until your name is called but the blood test is done with some degree of privacy and new needles are used.

The X-ray is done at another clinic and involves more hanging around for the X ray which is done inside a 30 year old ex. military truck lol

Yep, I know about those requirments.  I think to process the visa claim here they make us do it first - or at least the TB test I remember my husband getting his TB test done - and maybe a couple of other tests too.

How is the medical care in Libya?  Can i find a good Doctor and Dentist there?  Will I be able to give birth there - I would prefer to do it here but you never know..:)

Soon2B Expat MJ wrote:

How is the medical care in Libya?  Can i find a good Doctor and Dentist there?  Will I be able to give birth there - I would prefer to do it here but you never know..:)

Medical care in Libya is amongst the best available in Africa. My company uses the services of the MediLink clinic (located just between Gurji and Gargaresh Roads at the Regatta end). For dental treatment I also have a very good recommendation.

Thank you, good to know.. 

I would appreciate the recommendation.