Alcohol Withdrawal

I had been just over a week in Tripoli and I am having alcohol withdrawals. Does anybody know how I can find some alcohol, beer or anything? I will not be able to go to Malta until late February. Please help.

Fruit juice (white grape juice, not UHT or pasteurised) + sugar + yeast = a good hangover

Apple juice+water+sugar+yeast = a nice cider

Alcohol free beer + sugar + yeast makes a very nice lager

Not that I have tried this and nor would I encourage anyone else to. ;)

I believe that if anyone knew how to get alcohol on the black market, they'd probably not make that information too freely available.

is yeast available around here?
How long is the cooking process?
if you know, send me a message and we could meet over a coffee and talk about it.
thanks.

Haha dunno how safe it is talking about this here but from what I have heard there are 70s kicking around for 130ld and they have something called Bokha here like a moonshine but you can never trust things you dont know the source of. The Libyan drivers always offer it its like 50 ld for 1.5l but again you can never trust home made booze so just keep clean and save it for your overseas trip haha.

hi
yes you can buy drink here , all type of drink are available ,
vodka , red wine , beer , ect ect

but its expensive , for sweeden vodka you have to pay 120 dinnar

for beer 5 dinnar

for red or white wine  30 dinnar for the bottle

or you can buy it from fishmen ,they bring it from malts fishmen in the sea , they buy it in the sea

but i advice you to try Libyan red wine , very very nice quality , and made in Zlitin farms , very clean and the quality excellent
i got it from friend in janzour ,  so he is not far from you if you living in tripoli

and don't go to buka , very strong , and give u bad headach
and dont use fruit joice or use the yeast with it , it give u bad stomach lol

Red wine is the answear lol  or use the hashesh , Morocano hashish very available as well

infact i use the both wine , and hash , and i get nice high feel lol

Istafullah, why do you make what is Haram, Halal.  You have no shame.

summerelle wrote:

Istafullah, why do you make what is Haram, Halal.  You have no shame.

Thank you for your first post to the Expat.com and contributing. Your opinion is important to us and we hope you will continue to participate. :)

Mudman wrote:

Thank you for your first post to the Expat.com and contributing. Your opinion is important to us and we hope you will continue to participate. :)

PMSFL at your first comment! :lol::lol::lol:

Feel quite gutted that I missed it now lol :)

Canadianturkey wrote:

Haha dunno how safe it is talking about this here but from what I have heard there are 70s kicking around for 130ld and they have something called Bokha here like a moonshine but you can never trust things you dont know the source of. The Libyan drivers always offer it its like 50 ld for 1.5l but again you can never trust home made booze so just keep clean and save it for your overseas trip haha.

Bokha, is just for 10LD a liter.
I do not drink it never have it in my hand, but asked someone who has it regularly

I do not drink it never have it in my hand, but asked someone who has it regularly

10 LD sounds really reasonable, ask your friend if it is good and how to get it. please.

sinuhem wrote:

10 LD sounds really reasonable, ask your friend if it is good and how to get it. please.

its the local made drink, I recommend u to ask one of ur Libyan colleagues to get it for u. much safer

Just ask any expat you work with, where can you buy some 'flash' ? Someone(everyone) will know of a source for some sauce. And getting a recommendation should ensure you don't end up with a dodgy batch that will kill your head the next day.