Expat.com

How long will my work pass (EP, S-Pass, WP) application take

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Juniar Fajrien

beppi
sandyexpat wrote:

Please suggest

Wait.
There is nothing else you can do.
Well, maybe look for another job, just in case of rejection.

happygirl123

Thank you Beppi.

No, still no news

Energy123

Hi Everyone! Sharing my EP Application experience

EP application submitted: 3-Feb-2020
Query date:  28-Feb-2020
Query: Asking for a copy of JD
Query response sent date- 29-Feb-2020
Query response sent as  - Sent Copy of JD

Until now my EP is still on "Pending" Status

I really do hope my EP gets green light soon. smile.png

Best of luck to everyone!

Sapphire17

What JD means?

LNL1109

EP application submitted: 26-Feb-2020 (Pending)
Approved date:  11-Mar-2020

Energy123

JD = Job Description

Hellomynameis

Hi, just to check
mom give any reason for the rejection?
Or no reason? If so how your employer gonna appeal without having reason?

beppi

Hellomynameis: Please spend some time reading existing discussions about the topic before posting the same question again. This has been answered several times on this forum!

Sapphire17

Hi just want to ask (cant find any answers tho)

Is there anyone here experienced this, mom asked for additional documents from employer (coz first spass, small company with 6 staffs only but got quota) WHY? And how long to get approval after submission? My employer submitted the addtl docs last wednesday.

Pending for nearly 1 month

Energy123
Energy123 wrote:

EP application submitted: 3-Feb-2020
Query date:  28-Feb-2020
Query: Asking for a copy of JD
Query response sent date- 29-Feb-2020
Query response sent as  - Sent Copy of JD

Until now my EP is still on "Pending" Status

I really do hope my EP gets green light soon. smile.png

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi Everyone!

My EP got approved today. Last night I checked, it was still on pending status. Today it got approved!

I'm a Filipino and will work for the best energy simulation software company.

Good luck to everyone! This thread has helped me a lot smile.png

beppi
Sapphire17 wrote:

WHY? And how long to get approval after submission?

MoM asks for the additional information because they need it to decide about your application.
From the kind of information they asked for (about the company, the job, or you), you can guess which phase of the evaluation they are in - and from that, how long it may still take. The first post of this thread gives you a rough guide to this.

Sapphire17

Congrats po. They approve on saturday?

Energy123

Yes, which is kinda weird. I thought that they only approve applications during weekdays. I last checked Friday eve and it was still pending. Saturday noon, it got approved.

beppi

I suppose approvals on Friday are uploaded to the server in the night to Saturday.
But overtime work isn't unheard of at MoM either.

Thuylive

Hi @beppi,

Sorry that you’ve got this questions a lot. My EP was applied on March 17. With this situation, MOM strongly urges employers to defer bring their overseas employees into the country. Do you happen to know if the issuing of new work passess will be affected as well?

Thank you very much.

beppi

Nobody here knows yet how the internal processes at MoM are affected by the current situation. But I won't be surprized if the issuance of new passes is already stopped or will be stopped soon. Better make alternative plans until the crisis is over (IF your employer still wants you then)!

Thuylive

Thank you, beppi for your prompt response. I've read the MOM website and there's no official information about suspending issuing new passes. Yet, like you said, we don't know what happens internally in their office.
It totally makes sense in this crisis that they stop granting new passes. Hopefully life will get normal soon.

Sapphire17

Any update since last week??

venzz

Hi everyone,

Sharing my EP experience here.

IT field
12 yrs exp
From Coimbatore, India
Applied on 2nd March 2020
EP Approved on 16th March 2020

Booked flight on 21st March 2020 but as per new rule (dated 18th March), need to get approval for entry before arrival which got rejected asking to apply at a later date.

Entry Rejection reason:
There is a need to stagger foreigners entry to better manage visitor flow. You should plan the next arrival date for the pass holder and submit a new application. You must get approval before confirming the flight arrangement. The pass holder is not allowed to commence journey without the approval.

My employer is going to try again for April 1st week, hopefully COVID does not make it worse. Waiting to go even after pass approval is crazy!

Sapphire17

Approval of what?

venzz
Sapphire17 wrote:

Approval of what?

All pass holders or new pass people should seek entry approval. Refer here:
https://www.mom.gov.sg/newsroom/press-r … ss-holders

happygirl123

Hello, still waiting for 7 weeks and no updates. is it connected to the virus situation? and how long more approximately it might take?

beppi

Yes, delays might be connected to the virus situation.
Nobody will be able to tell how much longer you need to wait, or whether it will be approved ar all.

happygirl123

Does it depend on the fact that I am in Singapore now or no?

beppi

In the current situation, nobody knows!

vigneshcoke
venzz wrote:

Hi everyone,

IT field
12 yrs exp
From Coimbatore, India

Booked flight on 21st March 2020 but as per new rule (dated 18th March), need to get approval for entry before arrival which got rejected asking to apply at a later date.

Entry Rejection reason:
There is a need to stagger foreigners entry to better manage visitor flow. You should plan the next arrival date for the pass holder and submit a new application. You must get approval before confirming the flight arrangement. The pass holder is not allowed to commence journey without the approval.

My employer is going to try again for April 1st week, hopefully COVID does not make it worse. Waiting to go even after pass approval is crazy!

Dear Venzz,

My EP applied on 06-Mar-2020, still status is Pending

Did you got your Travel Entry Approved?

I have not seen any Query the status is always Pending, is it usual? Can we possible to see the status using Passport Number?

Regards,

Sid1988

Hello
My application also applied on 6th of March and till now the status is showing as Pending.
I am also not sure in this situation how they approve or reject.
Just one question is it wise to raise query after 3 weeks

Stay Indoor stay safe to all

Sapphire17

Can you ask your employer if mom asked for additional documents on their side?

vigneshcoke
Sid1988 wrote:

Hello
My application also applied on 6th of March and till now the status is showing as Pending.
I am also not sure in this situation how they approve or reject.
Just one question is it wise to raise query after 3 weeks

Stay Indoor stay safe to all

I am checking every moment but still it shows Pending,

Did you got your FIN Number? Is that allotting FIN Number confirms the EP

How did you checking EP status using your Passport Number?

Have you seen any Queries under your EP status, I have nit seen any Queries and is showing Pending since beginning

Regards,

vigneshcoke
Sapphire17 wrote:

Can you ask your employer if mom asked for additional documents on their side?

My Employer asked me yo provide Mark Sheet after 3 days and nothing else been asked

My status shows Pending still

Sid1988

Mine also the same situation, no query till date and status is Pending since 6th of march.

I am checking using Options 3, and I guess it will take time, but in some cases, it takes less time too. Not sure what factors apart from virus

Hope we will get some good news, and all the best

Sapphire17

Hi, i saw on facebook 1 spass was approved yesterday, so i think MOM still working on this despite of the virus issues.

Thuylive

Hi @beppi,

I got the information from the employer yesterday. The MOM requests to engage an external agency to verify my degree's certificate. I got my degree at a local university in Vietnam so it's not recognizable to the MOM.

Though process will take some more time, it's great to know that they're still processing the work pass applications during this time.

My question is whether they want to verify the degree's authenticity, or assess if the qualification is 'good enough' for someone to work in Singapore.

Thank you.

Thuylive

My status have shown Pending ever since the application was submitted (17/3). But my employer got back to me yesterday with additional requests from the MOM. So I guess some queries are shown only to the employer.

vigneshcoke
Thuylive wrote:

Hi @beppi,

I got the information from the employer yesterday. The MOM requests to engage an external agency to verify my degree's certificate. I got my degree at a local university in Vietnam so it's not recognizable to the MOM.

Though process will take some more time, it's great to know that they're still processing the work pass applications during this time.

My question is whether they want to verify the degree's authenticity, or assess if the qualification is 'good enough' for someone to work in Singapore.

Thank you.

I read in the MOM website that Verification of Degree is Employer work, if in case MOM has Query then Employer has to do via MOM Authorised Agency

I am not sure practically they do this or they Verifying all the Degrees?

Please anybody confirm?

venzz
vigneshcoke wrote:
venzz wrote:

Hi everyone,

IT field
12 yrs exp
From Coimbatore, India

Entry Rejection reason:

Dear Venzz,

My EP applied on 06-Mar-2020, still status is Pending

Did you got your Travel Entry Approved?

I have not seen any Query the status is always Pending, is it usual? Can we possible to see the status using Passport Number?

Regards,

I'm applying to come to Singapore in April 1st week. Situation is not good at the moment. Those who are waiting for visa, you have no other choice than waiting. Even if you get visa, entry approval is hard now. So, let us all hope COVID slows down in April.

beppi

Verification of certificates is done whenever there are doubts, plus on a random basis. MoM usually engages external (vetting) agencies for this.
The quality of individual degrees is not checked - they are either on MoM‘s list of approved institutions, or not (then rejection).

GuestPoster292

Hi, just wanna check. I'm still a uni student in my final term and exam results will be release on May 2020 where can get my full academic transcript digitally via student portal. In the transcript pdf file, it will state the date of conferral. May i know if this is sufficient to pass it to my employer for the work pass application ??  because the degree cert will only be available on Aug which is the ceremony.

Thanks

Sid1988

Does anyone know that once e pass got approved what will be the next steps?
Do I need to talk to my company or they will contact once they get IPA, and is it possible to check IPA online.
My status is showing Approved but I can't find out the validity and all.

Application: 6th March 2020
Approved: 24th March 2020

Stay healthy & Stay Safe to all

Sapphire17

Hi, when it was approved?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles