its_bharath

My EP approved today  smile.png

Details:

Visa type : fresh EP not renewal.
Applied: 04/05/2020
Rejected: 16/05/2020
Appealed:19/05/2020
Approved:27/05/2020

All the best to those awaiting for the result.

Charlie_123

Congratulations ! That's fast

happygirl123

Hello,

My company appealed one month ago. Is it possible that at the beginning status was pending, then changed to we need inputs from other agencies and now back to pending again?

Charlie_123

Hi all, my EP got approved today . Took precisely 9 days in the approval . All the best to everyone waiting for the results.

its_bharath

Congratulations !

thena001

Congratulations !

K GDM

Hi,

Can anyone please offer any guidance? I have been in Singapore 10 months on a DP and got a job offer beginning of April. The recruitment agency sent EP application on 2 April. MOM replied quickly asking for more documents, one of which was university certificate as my middle name on the university transcripts I provided was missing so didn’t exactly match that of my passport. Unfortunately I have lost my uni certificate and can’t get a replacement during lockdown. I therefore got a verification letter from my uni but MOM said that was not enough and would need third party verification from Data Flow.

The recruitment agency sent the request for vetting to Data Flow on 21 April and the result is still pending. When chased they advise they cannot give information as to why it’s taking so long but they will come back by 2 June.

The problem is the role is a maternity cover and the lady needs to leave very soon so we are running out of time and the company has mentioned they may look to recruit in the UK instead and cancel the EP application.

Has anyone dealt with Data Flow, is it likely they will come back on 2 June with the verification of my degree? - my uni is on the MOM recognised list and they have my transcripts and a verification letter already.

If they do hopefully come back with positive verification on 2 June my recruiter says we need to send a new EP application to MOM, any idea how long it could then take to get the approval letter given MOM have had all my documents already? And I can start work with the approval letter whilst waiting for physical pass?

So many questions I know, I’m just so confused and stressed by the whole process but also accept not having my uni certificate is a huge error on my part.

beppi

I have no experience with Data Flow. But a new EP application takes anywhere between a few weeks and several months at MoM. You cannot start work before the EP is issued. But if it is urgent, your company can apply for a temporary EP to cover the time until the actual EP is approved. Do not put your hopes up too high, though: Such temporary EPs are only issued very rarely and the company has to give a very good reason why this is needed.

Sapphire17

Hi all, is anyone here knows if someone holding spass before can be downgraded to work permit?
Nationality is filipino, degree holder.
Thanks

beppi

There is no such downgrading.
But an employer can apply for a WP for someone who previously had an S-Pass. MoM would grant it if all the requirements are met.

Sapphire17

Hi beppi thanks!
Meaning mom can approve even if salary become lower by -$1000?

beppi

If MoM decides that this is within your market value, in principle yes. But I think this is unlikely. Were you overpaid before, or underpaid after the change?

Lizzy_lizzy
Charlie_123 wrote:

Hi all, my EP got approved today . Took precisely 9 days in the approval . All the best to everyone waiting for the results.

Hi Charlie_123 can you please share if you are already in Singapore ?

Charlie_123

Hi Lizzy, yes I have been in Singapore only, on a student pass

thena001

Hi,

I was signed a agreement with company A (my agent. they are the one responsible to paying salary). I have to work for Singapore PSA. But  A company didn't have quota to hire foreigner. So some other B company apply my EP. I didn't have any agreement with that B company and also i don't no that company name.

EP related details like following.

Applied: 01 May 2020
Rejected and Appealed: 05 May 2020
MOM informed that they need more time to review :  25 May 2020 (need another 3 week)

my questions are

1. is this kind of things(signed with one company, EP apply another company) possible to do in singapore?

2. is this affect to my EP processing process(MOM ask another 3 week)?

beppi

1. No - and it sounds fishy! You should only work for a company that you have an agreement (contract with and that pays your salary.
2. Only if MoM knows about it - then the EP will be rejected.

thena001

Thanks beppi.

AmaNTU

Hi Charlie, congratulations on the speedy approval. I am also on students pass. Did you submit any document in particular to help with the speedy approval process?

GuestPoster292

Hi, does anyone know if MOM will process new EP application if the applicant is not in SG currently ?? Since the "circuit breaker" ended and now in phase 1 and slowly reopening. Thanks.

Lizzy_lizzy
ydkm wrote:

Hi, does anyone know if MOM will process new EP application if the applicant is not in SG currently ?? Since the "circuit breaker" ended and now in phase 1 and slowly reopening. Thanks.

Hi Ydkm,
My HR says MOM is still not approving Passes for those outside from Singapore and I’m also trying to find out if someone not in SG has got approval... so far no confirmation.

mrdada

Hi everyone,

Little update on my case.
Today, the MOM asked for my resume (CV). According to the message send to my HR, they will give an answer after reviewing my CV.

Has someone already had to do this  ? I find it a bit surprising, because they are already aware of everything that is on my resume.

Thanks. I really hope to have a positive result soon.

thena001

Hi,
Please someone tell me what are the MOM web site status messages (according to order) need to pass during EP processing process?

Nyc_bom

Not EP but 3 DPs for family not in Singapore was approved today in less than 8hrs.

nageshb

As per my consultant even in my case MOM asked for my CV. Had got EP before in 7 and 3 days.. now applied EP on 15/05/2020 still no update.

Lizzy_lizzy
Nyc_bom wrote:

Not EP but 3 DPs for family not in Singapore was approved today in less than 8hrs.

Thank you so much for the information.

timothy90

My EP was applied on 11/05/2020 and there is no update from MOM. There was no contact from MOM for additional documents whatsoever.

timothy90

Does anyone have experience contacting MOM regarding our pass application progress? It feels passive relying only on HR and it is much better if we could talk to them ourself to figure out the reason for the delay.

nageshb

My EP application got approved today.. applied on 15/05/2020

Priya-1304

Hi Nagesh, congratulations.

Are you currently in SG or outside? Was it a new EP or a renewal? Also, has it been a straight approval or you had to go through an appeal?

Thanks

nageshb

I am currently in SG. It's a direct approval no appeals. They asked additional documents like my CV and hiring effort from my employer. It's not renewal since changing the new job.

Priya-1304

Ok. Thanks for the info. All the best for your new job.

timothy90
nageshb wrote:

My EP application got approved today.. applied on 15/05/2020

That is fast. Congratulation!

beppi
jolly2612 wrote:

Located: OutSide SG

Very low - unless you are working in an essential service sector (e.g. medical).
Read https://www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/frequen … s-services

shanesl

Hi there
Do I want to visit to MOM to register fingerprint after the EP notification letter?Or else are they have contactless procedure to get the EP card?

Dhannu111

Hi,

Can you please tell me what was the status of your application when appeal was made ?
Rejected or pending?

Stsk

Hi sir spass renewal apply 23 /05/20 and rejected 26/05/20 and appealed 29/05/20  how can check spass appeal status....

shanesl

It was approved(on 11th of May) after appealed on the 9th of April.

GuestPoster292

Hi, can share what industry is your job in ? essential ?

Sapphire17

Hi,
Is anybody here in construction sector? Have you done swab test? How long and how to get the result?

happygirl123

hello, i have been waiting for my employment pass more than 4 month, currently it is in appealed status more than 1,5 months ( currently rejected at MOM website). Can another employer apply for a new employment pass for me, while my current EP is under appellation?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Relocating to Singapore
    Relocating to Singapore

Moving to a new geography is an exciting step – new home, new friends, new adventures, but leaving your ...

• Moving with your pet to Singapore
    Moving with your pet to Singapore

If you're moving to Singapore and don't want to leave your pet behind, you'll need to follow some ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

• Finding a job in Singapore
    Finding a job in Singapore

Singapore has a well-developed job market with numerous outlets providing information on employment opportunities, ...

All of Singapore's guide articles